From field to freezer….

GOHUNT

I was fortunate enough to take this buck yesterday morn right about 7am. He came in to a grunt call and the can….looking for the source of the sounds. Got him gutted, hauled, hanged, skinned, deboned and in the refrigerator yesterday before 11am. Got all I'm keeping cut, wrapped and in the freezer tonight. Giving some to the neighbors.
Thank you Lord!

Attachments

• IMG_9650.jpeg
    IMG_9650.jpeg
    579.7 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_9652.jpeg
    IMG_9652.jpeg
    377.3 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_9656.jpeg
    IMG_9656.jpeg
    459.6 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_9660.jpeg
    IMG_9660.jpeg
    515.2 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_9690.jpeg
    IMG_9690.jpeg
    484.6 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_9691.jpeg
    IMG_9691.jpeg
    200.2 KB · Views: 183

Lone Hunter

Can't tell but is his neck swollen or starting to swell? I asked the same question earlier but haven't received an answer from another poster. His deer was taken in Middle TN and I see yours was in East TN. Congratulations on a nice deer too…

GOHUNT

Can't tell but is his neck swollen or starting to swell? I asked the same question earlier but haven't received an answer from another poster. His deer was taken in Middle TN and I see yours was in East TN. Congratulations on a nice deer too…
I didn't really notice that his neck was swelled but his tarsals really stank.

mike243

Thats the way I prefer to do mine, I have a spare fridge and get the meat pulled off the bone and into the fridge and will cut up and vac within a couple 3 days. not a lot of folks have a proper place to hang deer , taking a chance of it ruining depending on outside temps can be dicey.

kaizen leader

I was fortunate enough to take this buck yesterday morn right about 7am. He came in to a grunt call and the can….looking for the source of the sounds. Got him gutted, hauled, hanged, skinned, deboned and in the refrigerator yesterday before 11am. Got all I'm keeping cut, wrapped and in the freezer tonight. Giving some to the neighbors.
Thank you Lord!
That's a great day. Congrats.

DeerCamp

I have a place to let one hang in cooler weather. It got up to 82 degrees (in November!) the day I killed. Tell me more bout the dry aging?
I'm not criticizing you. I'm only stating a fact that the meat will be significantly tougher if it is butchered and frozen before rigor mortis.

You'll see what I mean when you cook one of those steaks.

Even just 3 days on ice in an ice chest will make a big difference (as long as the meat doesn't freeze).

Latest posts