New 6.5 Man Bun

TNRifleman

I am not partial to any one chambering and honestly probably lean towards long action cartridges more than anything but I just haven't shot a 6.5CM yet that wasn't stupid accurate.

Toda was First time out with the Bergara Wilderness Carbon Ridge in 6.5 CM. I picked it up Wednesday, took it home, ran a patch through the barrel, took it out of the stock for a quick wipe down, put it back together and mounted a Tract Tekoa in Warne rings. 3 shots got me on at 50 and I shot two groups at 100 with Hornady black which both came in around .75" or so. Switched over to 147 gr ELD M and she shined. Literally less than 15 shots down the tube and this thing is a hammer.
IMG_1601.jpeg
IMG_1599.jpeg
IMG_1600.jpeg

Spurhunter

My definition of stupid accurate and yours are a little different but my B-14 is pretty impressive. It loves the Hornady Black also. I'm going to shoot some Federal Fusion in it next week as that has become my preferred hunting ammo and I have more of that on hand. I love Hornady Black as hunting ammo also.

TNRifleman

My definition of stupid accurate and yours are a little different but my B-14 is pretty impressive. It loves the Hornady Black also. I'm going to shoot some Federal Fusion in it next week as that has become my preferred hunting ammo and I have more of that on hand. I love Hornady Black as hunting ammo also.
The Hornady black is great. I have a heavier barrels Bergara that shoots the Black the best out of anything. Nice when you find the least expensive ammo to shoot the best. Let me know how the Fusions do. It's a great hunting bullet but I haven't shot any in awhile.

mr.big

TNRifleman

Tn_Va_Hunter

I am not partial to any one chambering and honestly probably lean towards long action cartridges more than anything but I just haven't shot a 6.5CM yet that wasn't stupid accurate.

Toda was First time out with the Bergara Wilderness Carbon Ridge in 6.5 CM. I picked it up Wednesday, took it home, ran a patch through the barrel, took it out of the stock for a quick wipe down, put it back together and mounted a Tract Tekoa in Warne rings. 3 shots got me on at 50 and I shot two groups at 100 with Hornady black which both came in around .75" or so. Switched over to 147 gr ELD M and she shined. Literally less than 15 shots down the tube and this thing is a hammer. View attachment 199732View attachment 199731View attachment 199733
I have the same gun. I absolutely love it. It shoots the fusions 140 grain amazingly well. Better than I can shoot.

tpgarrett21

I like the 6.5 round myself... have a Tikka CTR in it i need to actually shoot but my Thompson center venture seems to do great... and as others have said, it to liked the hornady black, and does well with the 143 ELDX. but I been dying to shoot my Bergara B14 in 7mm-08 and tune it in

parch

Here's my wilderness ridge carbon in 308. Three shot group after making a couple of adjustments down and to the left. Winchester 150gr deer season xp, I don't believe I will hand load any. 100 yds

Attachments

• IMG_4142.jpeg
    IMG_4142.jpeg
    375.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4141.jpeg
    IMG_4141.jpeg
    238.5 KB · Views: 39

Latest posts