6.5 prc vs 308

muddyboots

In
Hard bullets into soft/thin animals will do that.
I don't want hijack his thread. The 124 grain hammers and 130 grain Barnes shoot unreal. I shot 1 mature buck with each. Both hard tracking jobs. Shots were in the right place. I like partition bullets but they don't group well. Just not working for me. 7/08 with 140 Barnes is death on a stick. Very few move out of sight. I just wanted to try something flatter shooting.

nso123

In

I don't want hijack his thread. The 124 grain hammers and 130 grain Barnes shoot unreal. I shot 1 mature buck with each. Both hard tracking jobs. Shots were in the right place. I like partition bullets but they don't group well. Just not working for me. 7/08 with 140 Barnes is death on a stick. Very few move out of sight. I just wanted to try something flatter shooting.
I find this really interesting. I have not had a deer take a step since I switched to Hammer bullets. I think one key thing with them is you need to have them moving fast. They have petals that separate from the main section of the bullet.

Jcalder

I find this really interesting. I have not had a deer take a step since I switched to Hammer bullets. I think one key thing with them is you need to have them moving fast. They have petals that separate from the main section of the bullet.
I'd guessing speed was sufficient if he was using a prc.

Latest posts