Mount Pose Suggestions

Stlbaseball1

Pose might not be the right word, but im not sure what is. For those of you that have experience, what is the best mounting pose/form to highlight a wide rack (23.5 inch inside spread)? Any pictures or tips would be appreciated!

bowtechgump

WT14_1.jpg
I think personally the full sneak turned to put his stronger side out front is the best to showcase a wide heavy deer.

backyardtndeer

I've always tried to have my mounts pose in the way they were prior to taking them. It's worked out great thru the years, as I can recall each hunt vividly just by looking at the individual mount and what pose was used. I've used sneak, semi sneak, full alert as a few.
Same here. May look at an online catalog of forms to get an idea of what you like. Maybe check these out https://www.vandykestaxidermy.com/Shoulder-Manikins-C919.aspx

Andy S.

Any reputable taxidermist should have 2-3 books with examples of forms/mounts (McKenzie, Ben Mears, etc), as well as a recommendation for you. Another thing to consider with deer mounts and especially wide antlers is "where" you plan to hang him on the wall. He needs to fit (especially if near a corner where two walls meet), and he needs to be turned the correct way for folks to see him when they are in the room. Good luck with your choice.

Lost Lake

I've always tried to have my mounts pose in the way they were prior to taking them. It's worked out great thru the years, as I can recall each hunt vividly just by looking at the individual mount and what pose was used. I've used sneak, semi sneak, full alert as a few.
This is usually what I have done in the past.

Consideration also has to be taken as to where it'll hang.

TN Larry

I like the McKenzie 6900 series with ears back. As said above though, your taxidermist should have a book showing different forms.

Latest posts