Member Chris Wilson Antler Mount!

TboneD

Left my November rifle buck antlers in my good friend Chris' garage, so out of sight, out of mind. Well he drops by Saturday morning and check out his work!
IMG_1022.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpeg

TboneD

Coolest thing about the hunt was my nephew got to come up from MS and hunt with me Thanksgiving weekend. He shot a doe Saturday morning. Anyhow, I sat down in a good spot overlooking an open hardwood/cedar transition a few minutes before 2P Sunday afternoon and not 10 minutes later my little Ruger 308 had done its job.
IMG_5701.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpeg

TboneD

That's the way to hang a deer!!!
Yes sir. We're quite proud of our nephew. He was in his first year at MS State when Covid hit. Long story short he dropped out, took up welding, and that's his work truck he bought. We were getting hungry so he lifted his crane high while we came inside to get a bite to eat before skinning the buck.

TboneD

Here's Chris' personal best from a cold morning hunt we had together back in 2020. If it looks like this buck had some thick antler bases HE DID. The right side is a little larger and if I recall I can barely get my fingers around it.
IMG_0301.jpeg
imagejpeg_0.jpeg

TboneD

All those bucks are nice! And great memories to go with them.

Yeah, gotta admit, I'm liking that "game hoist!"
Thank you! You know it! Been thinking about framing photos and writing the stories down.

Since my nephew didn't buy his 365 day TN nonresident deer license until Thanksgiving hopefully he'll be able to come back up and hunt with me a couple of times in the fall. That was his first public land deer he killed at a rather remote spot I've pinned but never hunted.

Latest posts