Bucks chasing in Wilson County

redblood

Bucks have been chasing hard at my place since mid-September. However, I know it's just bucks burning excess energy, as they are chasing everything, including fawns. No chance fawns are in estrus.
yep. but this is the time of yr there will be alot of chomping at the bit hunters claiming its happening early or its wide open on halloween.

Bone Collector

Bucks are chasing this morning here in Wilson County. One smaller buck that grew up here and another larger buck that I've never seen were chasing a mature doe. She will likely stand still in a day or two. Gentlemen, it is on! 😀
been getting new bucks in Rutherford. Pretty sure i had one chase sequence caught on camera. I got one pic of bucks sparring.

That being said, no doe is standing for at least another 2-3 weeks around us. We (Mid Tn) should be first for the state, per the usual though.

philsanchez76

I got a cam on a white oak feed tree. 2 bucks came in last night and pushed the does around a little but still both bucks hung around and fed together for a long time after.

megalomaniac

Younger bucks been chasing does for 3 weeks on my places. That's normal behavior. Mature bucks just starting to transition from a focus on food to hitting scrapes (at night). Again normal/ right on time.

megalomaniac

I hope my forecast is incorrect, but AccuWeather is calling for lows around 20deg next tues/Wed... thats cold enough to kill my radishes even before they have formed a large bulb

BSK

Hmmmm… it was only my guess that she might stand still in a few days. A couple of you indicated that it is still not time.
Anything is possible. Some does get bred in October each year. But what some of us are pointing out is that with the big acorn crop in most parts of TN this year, the bucks have a lot of extra energy to burn, and they are doing so by chasing anything without antlers. Heck, I think I saw a buck chasing a button buck the other day! They are really worked up.

BLC

Could just be me, but seems her tail was spinning like the wheel of fortune! She was obviously taunting them and looking over her shoulder to ensure they were getting the signal.

As an aside, my wife and I traveled 840 yesterday from east to west and probably saw at least a dozen fresh road killed deer.
Interestingly we saw a hunting clad driver, a crushed up vehicle, a LEO and a crippled buck (the buck was in the median, down - but his head up looking around) a hundred or so yards from where the bent up truck and trooper was. We hoped they saw the deer and eventually killed it. This was near mile marker 6 on the Dickson end.

Bloodwolf1984

Campbell county...still seeing groups of does together...and older bucks at night...scrapes aren't being hit a lot just yet...Nov 14 give or take a few days should be fire

Latest posts