Shootin House Suggestions

dr

Carpet on lower walls is great. However in my experience it'll make a plywood floor rot quicker due to moisture. Years ago made the move to using decking boards for floor. Due to the gaps after shrinking, haven't had any problem with putting carpet over them. Have thought about trying the PVC boards that I see on marketplace. Believe there's a guy in Waynesboro that sells seconds.
And, can let black mold grow. I had one with carpet and removed it.

BSK

With the plastic condos, sound can reverberating like a drum if you accidentally hit the lower walls with a boot. I'm considering using the adhesive-backed egg-crate sound-proofing for the lower 12 to 18 inches of wall. You can buy it in big sheets.

iowavf

I use carpet squares on the floor, that way you can remove them and shake the dirt out. Mines pretty airtight with vinyl sliding windows to keep the rain out. I used 2" foam panels they removed from windows where I work. The panels have a light brown outer steel lining so no painting, also used metal trim to seal everything up. Only exposed wood is the base and under side. I have shelves on the inside and each window has ledge for a bag to shoot from. Top half is lined with black ceiling tiles to help reduce the noise and also makes the inside dark. Mines just a one person blind maybe 4 x 4 inside dimensions, but my brother's is 4 x 8 because usually there's two adults and his granddaughter hunting out of it. We do use that camo looking mesh sorta like curtains over the windows to hide your movement.

Latest posts