Looked what jumped in the boat

A

Anonymous

What piece of ater did it come out of, I hate to see them take over like they have up north.

RKenney

From what I have read and understand, these fish are very
invasive and are a huge threat to our waters. The article
stated that if you don't have a problem with the spiecies now,
you probably will in the future.

mossyhorns300

RKenney said:
From what I have read and understand, these fish are very
invasive and are a huge threat to our waters. The article
stated that if you don't have a problem with the spiecies now,
you probably will in the future.

Very invasive. Can spawn 5-6 times a year and can gain 5-6 lbs in one year. They do not have very many predators because they grow so big in a short amount of time. Will completely dessimate a body of water.

Hangnail

I should have clarified the Asian/eating sentence. These carp don't have a high enough market value to make shipping them over there cost effective. Given some of the stuff that is eaten in S.E. Asia, there is no doubt they'd eat these carp. The problem is we can't clean enough out of the rivers and lakes to make a difference. May have to import a bunch of giant snakeheads to keep their numbers down. That would also cull the number of folks skiing and riding water turds. At least the snakeheads are good to eat!

4onaside

Hangnail said:
I should have clarified the Asian/eating sentence. These carp don't have a high enough market value to make shipping them over there cost effective. Given some of the stuff that is eaten in S.E. Asia, there is no doubt they'd eat these carp. The problem is we can't clean enough out of the rivers and lakes to make a difference. May have to import a bunch of giant snakeheads to keep their numbers down. That would also cull the number of folks skiing and riding water turds. At least the snakeheads are good to eat!
I've never eaten a "domestic" carp, although I do like (small mouth) buffalo. I think one of the problem with all of these big minnows is the number of very small bones present. We get around that by eating mainly buffalo rib meat off of big fish. However, there are so many other fish around where you don't have to go to all of the trouble to eat them, so I just concenstrate on those. lol

Kimberman

I like the idea of making a game out of carp shooting with a shotgun off of the back of a boat. It would be like sporting clays on the water, and would thin the population.