Out with the old in with the new

TRIGGER

Ordered a new 225 Yamaha SHO today. Why my 20' ranger is only rated for a 225 is a mystery for me. Plenty of 20' rangers are rated for a 250 but not my '07. Also going to get a new hydraulic jack plate coming I think I'm going to go with a Bobs or maybe an Atlas ( I'll take any opinions on the two if you have one). Going to go ahead and get a new prop and the cables to connect the SHO to my Solix unit. Now I just have to figure out what to do with my old Yamaha f225. I could part it out or fix it and sell it or I may have a buyer for it as is. Decisions decisions

killingtime 41

23 grand man that's a lot of money. I own a 1989 with a 70hp evinrude 2 stroke that's been a wide open throttle and 6 thousand RPM's for almost 40 years. They don't make them like they use to apparently.

killingtime 41

Also had a guy at the boat ramp that said you'll only get so many hours out of the newer 4 strokes. He brought it up after seeing my old 2 stroke. No idea if there's any truth to it. Good luck with your new motor.

TRIGGER

23 grand man that's a lot of money. I own a 1989 with a 70hp evinrude 2 stroke that's been a wide open throttle and 6 thousand RPM's for almost 40 years. They don't make them like they use to apparently.
I ran this one hard but maintained it meticulously. Did the 1000 hr service at less than 900 hrs and changed the oil a few times a year. For an electrical problem to cause this kinda ticks me off because I feel like I did my part to keep it running.

Latest posts