Lock On stand suggestions

LanceS4803

I am looking for recommendations for a lock on stand and climbing sticks.
Have used ladder stands and love my Summit climber, but with the leave down, I am exposed in a couple of spots I want to hunt.
Don't want to get too crazy with the price, just something to use occassionally.
As for the sticks, I have seen long ladder sections that assemble into one piece. That is an option also.

thetoolman

Millenium M100 (I think the new model is the M150). I love mine. I sold my viper after two seasons with the Millenium. If you want a truly mobile setup then I am looking at the Lone Wolf sticks. I had the muddy climbing sticks and really liked them, but they didn't pack as well as I like and you needed 5 or 6 of them to get to 20ft. They make a new stick called the hunter stick that looks really good, but I wonder how they pack. Big Game Hunter also has a new stick similar to the Lone Wolf that may be a little cheaper option.

The thing with the ladders that assemble in one piece is they are heavy and noisy. I use them in permanent setups, but for mobility they are not recommended.

Gravey

If Big Game makes a lock on with the zero gravity seat I'd look at it. Its the same design that the millenniums have. I have a 2-man Big Game ladder and a single man millennium ladder and can't tell any difference in them. Can stay seated the entire time and not fidgetting around.

Ol' Split Toe

check out the new Summit "The Peak" stand. They look awesome and are fairly light for a lock-on at 22 lbs. They come in at about $130. I plan on getting a couple in the spring.

BigDog4Deer

I have used the Ameristep non typical stands, like the Avenger light weight and their Rapid Rails are great to stack and carry into the woods, good luck, a lot of good choices!

Latest posts