Live from the stand 2023

HoytDawg

05D97E15-52A0-46F1-9063-D6593C0B4A53.jpeg

Glad i packed my coat this morning… its chilly!

backyardtndeer

I don't have many pics of him and none are real good. I saw him in person once during velvet at 17yds but I passed because the 10 was 50yds behind him coming my way. I didn't get a shot at the 10 that day but I did get very clear look at this 8pt and was surprised how big he was in person compared to cam. I saw him and the 10pt fighting a couple days before I killed the 10, and he was noticeably larger in every way than the 10. I took a pic with my phone but zoomed all the way out it's just a blur. They were about 200yds away. The 10 is on the left and 8 on the right.

View attachment 198056

View attachment 198071
That 8 is a stud. Good luck on him.

SinningSaint33

Good to know. Thank you. Don't wana be losing teeth or throwing back out. 😬
I've been using those hawk sticks for 2 years and never had an issue. Just like all sticks, wrap it around the tree, pull the bottom stand off out and pull down. I don't recall ever having one slip or anything.

rem270

I almost bought that hawk until I read a ton of terrible reviews on other forums. Sub par construction and bad design for mobile hunting. Unsafe overall. Buy once, cry once. Apparently midway's been running that deal since last year cause they can't get rid of them.

Had to replace my climber this year. I got an XOP Vanish Evolution and the 30in alternating sticks (on sale on their website plus free shipping and no tax).
I was on the fence about just getting another climber. XOP far exceeded my expectations, glad I went this route.
XOP was created by the founder of lone Wolf after he sold the company. Very similar design at a better price point.
My new kit is lighter, easier to maneuver, faster to set up, quieter, and allows more tree options.
I've only sat it 3 times now, but I'm sold. Including packing it 40+ minutes into public land twice. My hunting partner is looking at picking one up now.
@BamBam77 I just placed my order for the same stand. Was kicking around the idea of the Vanish or Air Raid but decided on the Vanish. I ordered the X3 4 pack sticks as well. Total weight should be right at 23 lbs. Been talking myself out of it for over a year now but thanks to you and @Ski y'all helped me spend my money lol. I hunt out of lock ons the majority of the time and can have one hung pretty quick for permanent sets so I know I'll utilize this over my climber. I used my Summit once last year. It's comfortable but I just hated always packing it around.

Gravey

I've got a set of the 3 step sticks in my cart now and trying to decide between the Vanish or the Air Raid. I looked at XOP last year and really liked them. This will probably be the route I go.
I've got the hawk 3-steps I used for a lock on and never had an issue. I bought a saddle a year and a half ago and a set of the tethrd skeletor sticks. Have only messed with them in the yard but they're lightweight and seem to bite the tree good. Meant to use the setup last year and never did so hopefully I will this year. 🤷‍♂️ Also have a Lone Wolf custom gear lock on. Think it's the .5 model.

Ski

Nice , I was waiting for you to post a picture with the big 8 though.

I saw him tonight. I didn't get a chance to move my stand so I stayed on the ground from a distance to observe. I saw where he exits bedding and where he's staging before coming out in the open. Had I been able to get in early enough to move my stand, I probably would have gotten him. But that's how it goes. Tomorrow maybe.

I saw one of the other big 8s as well but even though his rack is big I think he's only 3.5. I can check that one off.

Latest posts