LBL QUOTA HUNT DRAW RESULTS ARE POSTED ON LBL'S WEBSITE

TX300mag

THEdonkey0515":1ovyo9xh said:
Land Between the Lakes":1ovyo9xh said:
How many of you plan on bow hunting LBL before the Quota Hunt ? If you have time that is always a good way to scout and pattern deer.
I'll be there Bow hunting in Mid October, before my November 13-14 Draw hunt.

We have been going to LBL for Years! To Bow hunt, Deer draw hunt, and Turkey Hunt.Have had Good Luck with all of it. Killed/seen some really good deer.

So we know A lot of good "Hunting spots" if It looks like someone is already at 1 we just move to the Next.

We always hunt the Hardwoods with some steep ridges not easy walking, Have never Been walked up on while in the woods at LBL, All the years deer hunting there. I have got to my spot to find a truck already there, But like I said we just move on to another spot since we know all kinds.

Seems like the people that get walked up on is the Field hunters, I've came outta the woods drove by fields on the way out to see 4 or 5 trucks Parked in a line hunting the same spot. No way I could do that.

I've also seen 3 Trucks on one side of the road hunting a field, And 3 trucks parked on the other side hunting the field right across from it lol. Just not my style of hunting I guess.

Ha ha, yep! Wasn't hunting a field but was within sight of a trail leading to several. Lesson learned!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

naz

AT Hiker":2zfrsdax said:
LBL should really use some of the user fees and actually label the roads, trying to read a map, guess and drive is not very efficient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have labeled roads, but as you can imagine, they get ripped down, shot up and stolen. I spoke with Officer Dill a year ago this summer and he said, as mentioned elsewhere, with funding cuts etc, its hard to keep up with replacement of signs. Therefore, it is recommended you get the MUV maps. Anyone who hunts LBL regularly will have also noticed that many fields that used to be mowed in the summer have been allowed to grow up. Another result of budget cuts.

Also, and I'm guessing, another reason for the more stringent road enforcement. Revenue and I have no problem with that.

Red Talon

What's the cell phone reception like up that way? I use my phone as my gps. I have verizon service bt
What's the cell phone reception like up that way? I use my phone as my gps. I have verizon service btw.
It is terrible. If you are on top of a ridge, then you should get reception. When I'm driving to and from my stand and want to make a call, I have to stop on the highest hill and stay until I finish my call.

Latest posts