LBL QUOTA HUNT DRAW RESULTS ARE POSTED ON LBL'S WEBSITE

UpperTully

Poser":2rx79lrs said:
Quick question. Is the bag limit for a quota permit 1 deer total, either sex?

I believe a quota hunt buck counts as a bonus buck. I havent read the rules throughly enough yet.

Land Between the Lakes

Also if some of you are wondering about maps, there are some good maps on the LBL website. You can also purchase good maps at the Golden Pond Visitor Center, the North and South Welcome Stations, and some of the campgrounds.

It is important to read all of the rules or contact LBL if you have any questions. Flagging Tape/ Trail Marking Tape is NOT allowed in LBL. This is one rule some people don't seem to realize during the hunts, people scout and put up flagging tape/ Trail Marking Tape to mark places to park, and to mark trails and other places. This is NOT allowed in LBL.

Stay on numbered roads, people can NOT drive down power lines, gas lines, logging roads etc.

It's also a good idea to park on the side of the road that you are going to be hunting. This way there may not be any confusion on where people are hunting.

Solocam

Yeah the first year we bow hunted lbl a few years ago my dad and I was hunting close to a couple fields and a guy drove back and parked about 50 yards from my dad and walked in he killed a deer and drove on back the field and loaded it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAY B

What's the cell phone reception like up that way? I use my phone as my gps. I have verizon service btw.

UpperTully

JAY B":38mlwtoq said:
What's the cell phone reception like up that way? I use my phone as my gps. I have verizon service btw.

I comes and goes depending on where you are. This past Turkey season I was smack dab in the middle of Area 15 on the North South Trail and was sitting on Facebook. Get in the truck and drive down The Trace and have no service.

I wouldnt bank on GPS on your phone

Wildcat

Land Between the Lakes":1csu0gpx said:
Also if some of you are wondering about maps, there are some good maps on the LBL website. You can also purchase good maps at the Golden Pond Visitor Center, the North and South Welcome Stations, and some of the campgrounds.

It is important to read all of the rules or contact LBL if you have any questions. Flagging Tape/ Trail Marking Tape is NOT allowed in LBL. This is one rule some people don't seem to realize during the hunts, people scout and put up flagging tape/ Trail Marking Tape to mark places to park, and to mark trails and other places. This is NOT allowed in LBL.

Stay on numbered roads, people can NOT drive down power lines, gas lines, logging roads etc.

It's also a good idea to park on the side of the road that you are going to be hunting. This way there may not be any confusion on where people are hunting.

People mark the trail with reflective tacks as they go back to their truck. The next morning when they turn on their lights they see dozens and dozens of old tacks all over the place.

THEdonkey0515

Brownitsdown10":1e9cnbua said:
Yes if u go bow hunting before your draw and kill u can't go on the draw. Or if u r on the draw and shoot a doe the first day u r done.
The way I understand the rules on the Tennessee side of LBL anyways is.

If you kill a doe in bow season, you can still kill a buck or a doe on your draw hunt.

If you kill a buck during bow season, you could still kill a doe on your draw hunt.

Land Between the Lakes

Wildcat":2xa5ygnb said:
Land Between the Lakes":2xa5ygnb said:

People mark the trail with reflective tacks as they go back to their truck. The next morning when they turn on their lights they see dozens and dozens of old tacks all over the place.

This is true. I have been in areas like that myself. At night if you shine your flashlight down trails or down ridges, every other trail or ridge has a set of reflective trail tacs going as far as you can see lol.

People really need to start reading the rules.

Land Between the Lakes

General Hunting Regulations

1.) Hunters must have, on their possession, a valid Land Between The Lakes Hunter Use Permit, a state hunting license, and a hunter safety card according to state regulations. Quota hunt permits are required for quota deer and turkey hunts. A Federal Migratory Waterfowl Stamp and state waterfowl stamp are required to hunt waterfowl. Land Between The Lakes hunt regulations also apply to hunters accessing hunt areas through our property, as well as off-shore hunters.

2.)Hunting is prohibited in Nature Watch Areas, wildlife refuges, safety zones around developed areas, and where posted. Most wildlife refuges close for human entry November 1 and reopen March 16.

3.)There shall be no discharge of firearms or other implements capable of taking life within 150 yards of any developed area and 200 yards of refuges. Firearms transported in vehicles must be in a case and unloaded in both magazine and chamber.

4.) Parking is permitted within one vehicle length of a legal road and along US68/KY80 except by guardrails. Do not block access to roads, trails, or farming fields.
Visitors, including hunters, can drive on public roads marked by numbered signs with corresponding numbers on the 2015 Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM), MVUM. We maintain unmarked, restricted roads for administrative and farming use or as trails. The MVUM can be downloaded and printed for best detail of public roads.

5.) Unlicensed motorized vehicles such as four-wheelers/ATV's, are allowed only in the Turkey Bay Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Area and require an OHV permit.

6.) Hunting dogs must have current rabies vaccinations. Dogs must wear collars identifying owner, address, and phone number.

7,) Small game hunting from horseback is permitted.

8.)Portable tree stands and climbing devices that do not injure trees are permitted; must have name and phone number of owner on stand. Can be hung 2 weeks prior to season and must be removed 1 week after.

9.) Air guns are permitted for small game in both Kentucky and Tennessee according to state regulations. Tennessee allows the use of air guns for furbearers and crow. Night hunting for coyotes is prohibited.

10.) Spotlighting or using any artificial light to locate wildlife is prohibited on Land Between The Lakes.

11.) Placement of bait, including minerals, or hunting over bait is prohibited.

12.) Marking trees, trails, or routes with artificial material is prohibited.

13.) Rutting roads, fields, or open lands and leaving campfire rings/rocks in fields are prohibited.

14.) Harassing animals or hunting out of season is prohibited.

15.) Being under the influence of controlled substances or alcoholic beverages is prohibited.

Land Between the Lakes

All hunters MUST have an LBL Hunter Use Permit.

Here are the prices.

$25 Hunter Use Permit (age 16 and older)
$35 Hunter Use and Backcountry Camping Combo

Bag Limits:

There is an LBL-wide one antlered buck bag limit. The quota hunt bag limit is one deer of either
sex unless an antlered buck has already been harvested during LBL's archery/crossbow seasons.

LBL deer are bonus deer and do not count towards statewide bag limits. Coyotes and armadillos may be taken during all
hunting seasons.

ARCHERY AND CROSSBOW

Bag Limits and Legal Game:
There is an LBL-wide one antlered buck bag limit. The archery/crossbow limit
is two white-tailed deer, including one antlered buck unless a buck has already been harvested on LBL. In addition to deer, during LBL's archery deer season, archers with required state licenses and permits may take one turkey (either sex), squirrels, woodchucks, armadillos, and coyotes.

Land Between the Lakes

Deer Assassin":2a97zyzp said:
http://doc1.hometracker.com/htdocs/lbl/resources/2015.06.11.08.56New2015LBLDeerHuntInfoSheet.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

apparently it would help to read the regs

any buck at lbl archery or quota is bonus

Correct. In Kentucky this is a big reason so many people apply for the LBL Quota Hunts. KY has a statewide 1 Buck Rule. So if hunters want a chance for a second Buck each season they can come hunt LBL or other similar places and take a second Buck.

Latest posts