LBL points

Buzzard Breath

I was thinking about the LBL quota hunts this weekend. It wouldn't surprise me if we were witnessing the end of of them. Between the screw-up with the dates, issues with the draw, people calling to complain, the people who run the show having no interest in hunting, and all the issues that had with the turkey hunts last year; they're probably thinking that it would be easier to just do away with them. It would be a shame because it's one of the draw hunts I always look forward to.

Antler Daddy

I was thinking about the LBL quota hunts this weekend. It wouldn't surprise me if we were witnessing the end of of them. Between the screw-up with the dates, issues with the draw, people calling to complain, the people who run the show having no interest in hunting, and all the issues that had with the turkey hunts last year; they're probably thinking that it would be easier to just do away with them. It would be a shame because it's one of the draw hunts I always look forward to.
I hope not. It is a recreation area.

Dennis

I just looked at my LBL application. Says drawing completed and that I did not get drawn and that preference points have been updated, yet it shows incorrect preference points.

Who knows what is happening this year.

Lost Lake

I just looked at my LBL application. Says drawing completed and that I did not get drawn and that preference points have been updated, yet it shows incorrect preference points.

Who knows what is happening this year.
Same here. My group should've drawn this year, and they have my total preference points wrong.

TNWhit3tail

Same here. Says we weren't selected and preference points have been updated. They are still at 1 and should be 2 now... Emailed them about it. Expect to hear back next year prob......

TheLBLman

Nothing would surprise me at this point with the Feds.
Sadly true.
Elections have consequences, and we now have too many people at the top of all government agencies who are not only non-hunters, but anti-hunters.

I discounted some of the LBL "issues" of the past few years as oversight, and/or a bit of inexperience and incompetence (such as the feral pig issues). Believe I was mostly correct, and there was not some conspiracy to eliminate recreational hunting at LBL.

But it may be a different situation today, in at least some of what appears to be incompetence, may be the floating of trial balloons.

At present, the "powers that be" (which are WAY above the local LBL management) would like nothing more than to use only government employees to "manage" any deer populations as necessary, and completely eliminate any "sport" (recreational) hunting. (Keep in mind many the local "boots on the ground" LBL people are themselves avid hunters, in the same boat as any other avid hunter here.)

In terms of those "powers that be", we did have a more promising situation when the President's son was an avid hunter, avid sportsman, and very involved in shooting sports. And, our last President highly respected his son's input on all hunting and gun-related issues.

Today, we have leaders who mostly turn up their noses at hunters, and a President's son who is little more than a treasonous traitor to our Country, while almost none of these people have any hunting experiences as an part of their "culture". Yet we have them "representing" us.

I don't expect this to end well for the future of hunting, although this ship could make a dramatic turn in November 2022.

Let me say again, I don't believe the local people "running" LBL are the problem so much as those high-level "leaders" (none of them living in TN or KY).

Kinda like the situation of short-staffed nurses in hospitals making lots of mistakes, we tend to get mad at them, when the real cause has more to do with the high-level administrators purposefully causing the situations, including low staffing, the workers overwhelmed by what they're demanded to do without proper training or experience, much less enough time to properly complete those tasks demanded.

Last edited: