LBL Map question

KTS

I still have a box full of topo maps of the places and properties I used to hunt. I really enjoyed studying them and trying to figure out the saddles, pinch points and places to maybe hang a stand.
Have killed quite a few deer by reading and following these maps.

Wildcat

Digging through some of my junk and cleaning out some stuff I found my old LBL top maps.
Made me wonder does anyone even use stuff like this anymore?
I figure they are obsolete with today's technology.

Spent alot of boot leather with @Wildcat back in the day after studying these maps the night before.
I remember them and still have mine. They are still useful to study before going and the handheld GPS with maps help while in the field.

killingtime 41

i had a bunch of Catoosa and other places. I finally just trashed them. Nobody seemed to want what you can get in seconds on your phone.
Catoosa doesn't update their map when you do get one at the check station. There's a couple roads they don't even show on their map. So it is about useless. Except for knowing the areas name you hunting in.

killingtime 41

Topo map can still come in handy. Especially those big fold out ones. A man can lay it out and see the whole area at once. On the phone you have to scroll here and there then pull the pic in to see anything. Just my 2 cents.