LBL Juvenile?

TN RDG RNR

Wondering how it went? My son was too old this year. 11 years we went without missing one.

He got drawn on the adult hunt but we probably aren't going to make it because of football playoffs.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

PSE Shooter18

I have the hunt at the end of November I haven't hunted there in 20yrs. Someone said it's not like it use to be dew to hogs. Got area 13

Shed Hunter

TN RDG RNR":1hibywuo said:
Wondering how it went? My son was too old this year. 11 years we went without missing one.

He got drawn on the adult hunt but we probably aren't going to make it because of football playoffs.

I was in KY and drove through during hunting hours. Did not see many hunters at all. I know a few deer were killed but nothing of much size that I am aware of. Will ask the check in station this weekend what was killed though

Shed Hunter

PSE Shooter18":tgd0nf8a said:
I have the hunt at the end of November I haven't hunted there in 20yrs. Someone said it's not like it use to be dew to hogs. Got area 13

The quality of LBL is in decline, but hogs are a lesser issue to one thing that truly is lacking up there-HABITAT MANAGEMENT. I'd like to see LBL producing booners as often as it did back in the 90s

TN RDG RNR

Only missed one season hunting LBL in 25 years. I've had less luck in the past 10 years. Could be due to habitat more than likely caused by laziness on my part. [emoji2]
Hope to make it up there first of November. Going to play it by ear and keep an eye on the weather.

calledin2tn

I have area 15 at the end of nov. also. EHD hit that area about 10 years ago I think and it's never recovered. Hogs doesn't help. Don't think LBL will ever be like it was in my life time anyway. :cry:

deerfever

I took my son and he did see a couple of deer. There are plenty of acorns and the deer seem scattered. We did find some fresh scrapes in the area we hunted and yes hog sign and hogs are all over!

atcq1227

Is LBL Land Between the Lakes? If so, I'll head out and try to take care of some of those hogs for ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Racknquack

atcq1227":1cgkqlm4 said:
Is LBL Land Between the Lakes? If so, I'll head out and try to take care of some of those hogs for ya.

Make sure you leave your bail money in the glove box...

atcq1227

Racknquack":3jjgmlqd said:
atcq1227":3jjgmlqd said:

Make sure you leave your bail money in the glove box...
I thought you could take hogs on a deer hunt. Now that I'm thinking about it though that must've been some WMA specific rules out east

bigjohn

2-Step Enabled
I took my son on the juvenile. We saw a few deer but never fired a shot . The place must be over ran with hogs. None of the fields were cut or planted but acorns were everywhere.

rem270

I seen this one posted today on another page

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1603678544829.jpg
    FB_IMG_1603678544829.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 95

htr2133

Myself and 3 family members drew area 15 for the mid Nov. gun hunt this year. Took us 3 years of applying.

I was camped at Piney on Fall Break the week of the youth hunt weekend. I was driving and scouting Tues-Fri mornings that week and I saw quite a few trucks and folks that looked to be scouting and prepping for that weekend.

I was discouraged because by Wed and Thurs. ahead of that youth hunt multiple groups set up camps in the area we are most familiar with and planned to hunt. I assume there will be groups camped in all those same places for the mid-Nov. gun hunt as well. Making access in that area more challenging unless I want to park right by somebody's camp, which I don't!

My biggest concern for the gun-hunt is everyone camping and hunting on all the roads and trails which makes it practically impossible to get in and out without walking up on other hunters. I really try to be respectful of other hunter on public land and I hate walking past another hunter. But, when people set up on every road and trail it is unavoidable. I'd love to know from those that have hunted the draw hunts here if this has been your experience?

Shed Hunter

Myself and 3 family members drew area 15 for the mid Nov. gun hunt this year. Took us 3 years of applying.

I was camped at Piney on Fall Break the week of the youth hunt weekend. I was driving and scouting Tues-Fri mornings that week and I saw quite a few trucks and folks that looked to be scouting and prepping for that weekend.

I was discouraged because by Wed and Thurs. ahead of that youth hunt multiple groups set up camps in the area we are most familiar with and planned to hunt. I assume there will be groups camped in all those same places for the mid-Nov. gun hunt as well. Making access in that area more challenging unless I want to park right by somebody's camp, which I don't!

My biggest concern for the gun-hunt is everyone camping and hunting on all the roads and trails which makes it practically impossible to get in and out without walking up on other hunters. I really try to be respectful of other hunter on public land and I hate walking past another hunter. But, when people set up on every road and trail it is unavoidable. I'd love to know from those that have hunted the draw hunts here if this has been your experience?
I mean.. I'll be camped there unless you wanna buy my hotel room

scn

One of the keys to seeing deer on LBL it to make it a point to NOT use roads and trails to access your hunting area. Yes, those make it easier, but that is the point. Because of the ease, you can almost count on other hunters using the same access.
Take a look at a map, and figure out how to get into the area ahead of the hunters coming in on those trails, and use them to move deer to you. It usually means finding a place to pull off of the road and going cross country. Then, if necessary to get a deer out, figure out where to connect with a trail for the drag.
Fields and easy access at LBL will show you some nice night time sign, but rarely a mature deer during legal hours.

htr2133

Yeah, we are using trails that are closed to vehicles...assuming everyone obeys the signage. But we are just using the trail to get off the road. And we won't hunt near the trail, we will each be going into the woods 250 yards for the old geezers and much further for me. I've got 4 trails that are closed to hunt off of and those trails go for a looooong ways. So, I'm hoping we can find one that doesn't have trucks and pick that one to stick with. However, I think it is more likely we will be parking beside other trucks and sharing the trail :) to get in and out at least.

Latest posts