Latest events VOLS only

buckaroo

IMG_1241.png

THEdonkey0515

I follow recruiting pretty closely. On butch's classes that were highly ranked he signed lots were rated high but did not have committable offers from the other power football schools like bama, Ohio state, Georgia etc. They had verbal offers but they couldn't actually get football scholarships and go there unless other guys fell through. Butch took those guys to build excitement and generate buzz. He was taking decent players whose rankings were overblown but he knew would get chatter. Not good enough players to beat the big boys with and it showed on a lot of them plus he stunk as an X's and O's Coach.
X's and O's was the problem for CBJ same for most coaches who cant get it done with multiple top 10 classes. He had plenty of talent on those teams. I just went back to look at those classes I know 11 of those guys went to the NFL. I don't care if Ohio St wanted them or not they was good players.

He had QBs,HBs,WRs, CBs, DEs. All have decent NFL careers sure I'm missing a few. His player also broke UTs sack record.

Last edited:

deerfanatic

X's and O's was the problem for CBJ same for most coaches who cant get it done with multiple top 10 classes. He had plenty of talent on those teams. I just went back to look at those classes I know 11 of those guys went to the NFL. I don't care if Ohio St wanted them or not they was good players.

He had QBs,HBs,WRs, CBs, DEs. All have decent NFL careers sure I'm missing a few. His player also broke UTs sack record.
He had one of the most talented offenses in school history for sure but he ran a middle school offense. another one to look at is Dooleys teams. Brays last year every single starter and some reserves played in the nfl but those teams were barely better than .500

I wasn't challenging the fact jones had talent to work with because there was plenty but many many of his high ranked recruits never played much and transferred out and did nothing at other schools and never played any nfl. Look at someone like Dillion Bates who was a high 4 star who did nothing. There are many examples. Those recruits are called paper tigers. Most every high ranked class he took were full of those types along with legitimate high ranked players such as Kamara who ranked high and was a great player. He boosted his class ranking averages taking players the other big schools wouldn't. Most of the recruiting message boards would say it about several of his players when they were signing every year. I bought into what he was selling and doing but the recruiting people who had close connections were spot on about it.

Heupel is signing players who have actual commutable offers from schools like Georgia and bama. His teams are gonna be the real deal if he keeps on and even picks it up a little more. Not saying that his team from last wasn't because they were a top 5 team in my opinion. I just think as good as they were he's on pace with these players he's starting to get now to be on an even higher level.

Last edited:

wayne

Darnell Wright showed up for Giants camp in extremely good shape. Seems he accidently got the wr's conditioning program instead of the lineman's program.

RobbyW

Good thing they have a pro football hall of fame. No National Championship and no Heisman at tn ? Seems like he did not mature till he got to teams that could develope him.
Come on man. I am not a TN fan but you can't be serious.

2k more passing yards at TN than AL leader McCarron.
More TDs than anyone at AL

Oh an he beat AL 3 out of 4 times.

Spurhunter

After a certain Saturday in October you are going to hate Joe Milton too.
I don't even have to see what the sports forum moron is saying to know it's straight garbage. He celebrated when Hendon Hooker blew out his knee. That's the kind of person you are dealing with. The ignore function is a wonderful thing.

Latest posts