Latest events VOLS only

buckaroo

IMG_1236.png

7mm08

Go on Jalin! 24MPH is smoking. I can only run 19!
He beat Bob Hayes???

There was a time when I wished I were 20 pounds heavier," Wilson told Pro Quarterback Magazine in 1971. "Now I wish I was 20 miles per hour faster." At his top speed in track, Sports Illustrated wrote in 1964 that Hayes reached nearly 27 miles per hour.

THEdonkey0515

Meatloaf Mullen and the shark jockey didn't find that many. Florida is loaded with talent but I'd think there lack of recent success would hurt them.
Mullen had back to back top 9 classes in 2019 and 2020 he won 5 games in 2021. Florida is known for being one of the easiest places to recruit in the country.

THEdonkey0515

It's a good thing he can't coach!
Yup, people forget butch Jones pulled in a top 7 class in 2014. Then backed it up with the #3 overall class in the country in 2015! How well did that go.

Mullen at UF won 5 games after back to back top 10 classes. A top 5 class isn't impressive until you actually do something with it.

Gravey

Yup, people forget butch Jones pulled in a top 7 class in 2014. Then backed it up with the #3 overall class in the country in 2015! How well did that go.

Mullen at UF won 5 games after back to back top 10 classes. A top 5 class isn't impressive until you actually do something with it.
Phil Fulmer was the poster boy for this later in his career. He had top 10 classes and then failed miserably. Most of those kids best day on campus was their first.

deerfanatic

I follow recruiting pretty closely. On butch's classes that were highly ranked he signed lots were rated high but did not have committable offers from the other power football schools like bama, Ohio state, Georgia etc. They had verbal offers but they couldn't actually get football scholarships and go there unless other guys fell through. Butch took those guys to build excitement and generate buzz. He was taking decent players whose rankings were overblown but he knew would get chatter. Not good enough players to beat the big boys with and it showed on a lot of them plus he stunk as an X's and O's Coach.

Latest posts