Jug Fishing

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
I'm a little leery to respond because I don't want to give incorrect information. However, it seems to me that the general rule found on page 20 of the TWRA 2021-22 fishing guide indicates 50 jugs per person.

.... Sport anglers are
limited to 25 limblines. Sport anglers are limited
to 50 jugs or blocks and each with only one hook...

There are a number of exceptions for various bodies of water. Some of these specifically mention number of jugs per boat and some mention number of jugs per angler which leads me to believe that the above quote intentionally refers to anglers with no ambiguity.

Below is an example which mentions "per boat" found under exceptions:
Beech River Watershed Development Authority:
20 jugs or blocks per boat. Trotlines
prohibited.

Here is an example which mentions "per angler" found under exceptions:

New Johnsonville Steam Plant Harbor: 10
jugs or blocks per angler. Trotlines prohibited.

Last edited:

Cherokee

I'm a little leery to respond because I don't want to give incorrect information. However, it seems to me that the general rule found on page 20 of the TWRA 2021-22 fishing guide indicates 50 jugs per person.

There are a number of exceptions for various bodies of water. Some of these specifically mention number of jugs per boat and some mention number of jugs per angler which leads me to believe that the above quote intentionally refers to anglers with no ambiguity.

Below is an example which mentions "per boat" found under exceptions:

Here is an example which mentions "per angler" found under exceptions:
Thanks for the response. I have been leaning to the per/angler answer. I'm not sure we even want to try to do more than 50 at a time, but wanted to make sure just in case we did. And we are not Fishing in any of the exceptions areas.

ShieldsOutdoors

I came here to ask a similar question. I read it as 50 are allowed, unless you're on a TWRA lake, then you're only allowed 10. Could someone give me a link to a list of TWRA lakes? The only thing I found had like 21 lakes listed, but I don't know if that was accurate.

TNCharlie

I came here to ask a similar question. I read it as 50 are allowed, unless you're on a TWRA lake, then you're only allowed 10. Could someone give me a link to a list of TWRA lakes? The only thing I found had like 21 lakes listed, but I don't know if that was accurate.

The Tennessee Fishing Guide: Jugs, etc rules on page 20, TWRA lakes list and rules - page 30-31.