Josh Heupel is inheriting the worst situation yet for a UT head coach

bbqit

I dunno Kiffin didn't get much and the covid landed in his lap. Y'all made the same mistakes we have made. You hired your rival to coach. Our biggest rivals are ark and LSU. Nutt did as much to get us on probation as Freeze. He just had it in his contract it couldn't be talked about and when freeze so much as hinted to it he sued. Then there was orgeron. That was some sad years. Y'all hired bama boy. Nope. Bad move. He's a good coach but he wasn't gonna cross saban. Saw that coming. You may have hired the right person this time. And like y'all said, if he gets his offense going look out in a couple years. Hope the orange gets back on their feet soon.

PillsburyDoughboy

All the Vol haters should be happy.

I dunno Kiffin didn't get much and the covid landed in his lap. Y'all made the same mistakes we have made. You hired your rival to coach. Our biggest rivals are ark and LSU. Nutt did as much to get us on probation as Freeze. He just had it in his contract it couldn't be talked about and when freeze so much as hinted to it he sued. Then there was orgeron. That was some sad years. Y'all hired bama boy. Nope. Bad move. He's a good coach but he wasn't gonna cross saban. Saw that coming. You may have hired the right person this time. And like y'all said, if he gets his offense going look out in a couple years. Hope the orange gets back on their feet soon.
" Bama boy" never stood a chance with the front office being what it is and having phil pulling all the strings. It was not his team, was never gonna be his team so Long as fulmer was in charge.

But hey someone has to take the fall and they certainly not going to put the blame where its deserving.

cbhunter

" Bama boy" never stood a chance with the front office being what it is and having phil pulling all the strings. It was not his team, was never gonna be his team so Long as fulmer was in charge.

But hey someone has to take the fall and they certainly not going to put the blame where its deserving.
Come on man, if your going to be completely honest, you have to cast some blame on Pruitt. I'm not going to say none of it falls on leadership because i'm sure there is some truth to that. But to say he has no blame would be the stupidest remark you have ever made. A previous coach has made some comments on what it was like "coaching" for JP and i assure you he wasn't singing his praises. JP sucks as a head coach no matter how you spin it.

Displaced_Vol

I think we should have just paid him his buyout. The circus of bad decisions to get him gone cheap is going to be a problem for years to come.

Displaced_Vol

Our situation could get a lot better this afternoon with Ty Simpson's announcement. For the record I don't think it will be good news for UT, and I can't blame him cause he's gotta do what's best for him. But, it would be a huge missed opportunity for this program to miss out on the best in state QB prospect we've probably ever had.

cbhunter

Our situation could get a lot better this afternoon with Ty Simpson's announcement. For the record I don't think it will be good news for UT, and I can't blame him cause he's gotta do what's best for him. But, it would be a huge missed opportunity for this program to miss out on the best in state QB prospect we've probably ever had.
Yep, everything points to bama unfortunately. I do think Sam Horn wants to be a vol if Simpson goes to Bama. Horn is a solid QB

Displaced_Vol

Yep, everything points to bama unfortunately. I do think Sam Horn wants to be a vol if Simpson goes to Bama. Horn is a solid QB
I haven't heard or read as much about him but I'll check him out.
Lord knows that's what we need. And of course this is a whole different conversation than the stable full we've got now. We have to have one of these current guys pan out and another one ready to step right in.
And I have no idea how these things go, but you would think we we land Ty it could build momentum with some other in-state kids.

cbhunter

I'm still holding out a sliver of hope for Ty. He does play in super weak high school region but I still think he is real deal. Horn plays in 7a in Georgia which is against some of the best teams in the nation