Josh Heupel is inheriting the worst situation yet for a UT head coach

Displaced_Vol

Welp, on to the next one. There's still several other TN kids we need to land in this 22 class or we're just going to keep up this Groundhog Day routine we're living in.

TreyB

We don't need that freak show
Conan Obrien Ugh GIF by Team Coco

flyinpro

Two things, I don't blame Simpson for choosing bama, but personally he's got a ton of work ahead to improve his game up to SEC level and I don't believe he's even 6-2. 3A In TN is not very good and Westview has been middle of pack at that. Nonetheless, satan......er Sabin sees something. I don't think he'll stay two years there. I wish him great luck & hope I'm wrong.

Tennessee is a bit of a mess right now but I like the Josh Heupel hire and he has a lot to navigate through. Tennessee's self disclosure on the recruiting mess may lessen the impact. I hope it does. Coach Heupel is going to take this program back to wide receiver U and that will bring excitement and score points. Seems like the past several years the coach's were afraid to air it out. Clemson & Bama care more about a passer than a so called dual threat. TN is 2 seasons away from being highly competitive IMHO.

LY

Not arguing your points, but TN for most of the last decade has had pretty good defenses...in the first half. The problem with "airing" it out and passing more is if you don't produce some first downs, then it's quick three-and-outs and the defense gets gassed in the second half. I think at least part of the running game of late was to extend our possessions and protect the defense as much as possible. The running backs we've had the last several years have been much better at running than the qb we've had at hitting receivers. Hopefully this coach can get the O straightened out and with the current qb's actually get some first downs and help out the D some.

cbhunter

I haven't heard or read as much about him but I'll check him out.
Lord knows that's what we need. And of course this is a whole different conversation than the stable full we've got now. We have to have one of these current guys pan out and another one ready to step right in.
And I have no idea how these things go, but you would think we we land Ty it could build momentum with some other in-state kids.
I was wrong about Horn. Lol oh well

PillsburyDoughboy

Tennessee's self disclosure on the recruiting mess may lessen the impact.
Accepting a bowl invitation to play in the Autozone Liberty Bowl one day after the disclosure of wrongdoings within the program was probably not a step in the right direction of lessening the impact of "self disclosure" or "begging for forgiveness"

buckaroo

Firing everyone involved was the best thing to do and they did. For the life of me I don't know why ncaa cannot give credit where credit is due

PillsburyDoughboy

Come on man, if your going to be completely honest, you have to cast some blame on Pruitt. I'm not going to say none of it falls on leadership because i'm sure there is some truth to that. But to say he has no blame would be the stupidest remark you have ever made. A previous coach has made some comments on what it was like "coaching" for JP and i assure you he wasn't singing his praises. JP sucks as a head coach no matter how you spin it.
Never said he had "no" blame. I said he was complicit . Quit putting words in my mouth. Just saying that he never had a chance for it to be his team. phil was clearly the one pulling the strings. But because he is a vol no one is going to let him take the fall for it.

PillsburyDoughboy

Firing everyone involved was the best thing to do and they did. For the life of me I don't know why ncaa cannot give credit where credit is due
Now they need for everyone to resign in the front office and start with a clean slate. But you know that is not gonna happen. Rinse and repeat for another 5 years.

flyinpro

Accepting a bowl invitation to play in the Autozone Liberty Bowl one day after the disclosure of wrongdoings within the program was probably not a step in the right direction of lessening the impact of "self disclosure" or "begging for forgiveness"
Well I choose to be positive as possible. There were people and the majority that did nothing wrong and bowl bids move on a tight schedule.

Thinking everything was bad at UT is your prerogative however it's really easy to be a bama fan and the former HC is a bama guy. Maybe he was just doing what he learned to do there, just say'in.

Latest posts