Lady vols hire new head coach

Spurhunter

I know how alabama football fans feel now. We got a coach with a lot of success at lower levels and hardly any D1 experience. The Gumps that praised the DeBore hire will trash this one because it's Tennessee. It will be interesting to see which one worked out better in 5 years. ;)

wayne

I know how alabama football fans feel now. We got a coach with a lot of success at lower levels and hardly any D1 experience. The Gumps that praised the DeBore hire will trash this one because it's Tennessee. It will be interesting to see which one worked out better in 5 years. ;)
Well, in all fairness to the hottie that Tennessee hired, Debore inherited a stacked roster. Caldwell is getting a bunch of fat, slow lesbians with fake eyelashes.

Last edited:

wayne

JMU And Marshall Played The Funniest Basketball Game Of The Season | Defector

How? How does something like this happen? The short answer to that question is that Marshall is an institutionally nutty basketball team. Led by first-year coach Kim Caldwell, who previously spent seven seasons turning Glenville into a D-II powerhouse, the Thundering Herd play what might be the most intense style of basketball in the country. Everything starts with a nihilistic commitment to the full-court press, which Marshall stays in every minute of a game, after misses or makes. This requires so much effort from the players that Caldwell spends the game making hockey-style substitutions, yanking players on and off the court after just a few minutes of run and often making four or five subs at once. Twelve players on Marshall's roster played more than 10 minutes per game this season.
Marshall's press is just one piece of this puzzle. This is a team that also possesses a Moreyball zealot's commitment to the three, and a '90s basketball enthusiast's love of the offensive rebound. A typical Marshall possession ends with one of their shooters firing away from deep while at least three players crash the paint looking for the offensive board. This is how the Thundering Herd were able to take 99 shots on Monday, compared to JMU's 53, and still score 95 points despite making less than a third of those shots.

chris1976

JMU And Marshall Played The Funniest Basketball Game Of The Season | Defector

How? How does something like this happen? The short answer to that question is that Marshall is an institutionally nutty basketball team. Led by first-year coach Kim Caldwell, who previously spent seven seasons turning Glenville into a D-II powerhouse, the Thundering Herd play what might be the most intense style of basketball in the country. Everything starts with a nihilistic commitment to the full-court press, which Marshall stays in every minute of a game, after misses or makes. This requires so much effort from the players that Caldwell spends the game making hockey-style substitutions, yanking players on and off the court after just a few minutes of run and often making four or five subs at once. Twelve players on Marshall's roster played more than 10 minutes per game this season.
Marshall's press is just one piece of this puzzle. This is a team that also possesses a Moreyball zealot's commitment to the three, and a '90s basketball enthusiast's love of the offensive rebound. A typical Marshall possession ends with one of their shooters firing away from deep while at least three players crash the paint looking for the offensive board. This is how the Thundering Herd were able to take 99 shots on Monday, compared to JMU's 53, and still score 95 points despite making less than a third of those shots.
So she is the Josh Heupel of women's bball. I love the hire.

XCR-2

She will do really good. I talked to her the other day. I know what she's thinking and what the athletic department is thinking. I love her. She's gonna keep the ball rolling. She's already said some great statements to the media. She's built winning programs all over the country. She's gonna meet me at half court to get advice before every game. Probably one of the greatest coaches in the game right now. Great hire for the program. Losing a coach like summit is a hard hill to climb but if anyone can do it it's definitely her. Now back to being a keyboard warrior on other sites besides a Tennessee site. Probably hit up a South Carolina forum and start talking trash. 🤢🤮🙄

Spurhunter

She will do really good. I talked to her the other day. I know what she's thinking and what the athletic department is thinking. I love her. She's gonna keep the ball rolling. She's already said some great statements to the media. She's built winning programs all over the country. She's gonna meet me at half court to get advice before every game. Probably one of the greatest coaches in the game right now. Great hire for the program. Losing a coach like summit is a hard hill to climb but if anyone can do it it's definitely her. Now back to being a keyboard warrior on other sites besides a Tennessee site. Probably hit up a South Carolina forum and start talking trash. 🤢🤮🙄
Well done! Bravo!

wayne

So she is the Josh Heupel of women's bball. I love the hire.
Nate Oats or Bruce Pearl would probably be more apples to apples.
It will probably come down to NIL which, allegedly, Harper didn't get. Maybe that could explain why Harper didn't sign a single player out of high school last year. Or maybe Harper really did suck at recruiting.

Bucket

Had to do a bit of googling, and I was not disappointed.....

IMG_20240407_203522.jpg

Gravey

Never heard of her but based on what I read like her style of defense. Maybe just maybe she can turn this ship around. Harper wasn't that bad but pretty sure I heard something the other day that she didn't sign a single player this year from high school.

PillsburyDoughboy

Gold Rush GIF by Discovery

Latest posts