John Jancek out at UT

TeamMainStreet

Looks like that 4th and 14 play in the swamp came back to bite ol Jancek. Rumors of Bob Shoop from Penn St?

Vermin93

Wow....I wonder if that had anything to do with Kongbo's decision?

Why Brian Kelly hasn't made this same move at Notre Dame is a mystery to me. I do not see Brian VanGorder adequately improving ND's defense next year or ever.

Lol, I just saw the first rumor of John Jancek to ND. I did not know that at one time he was Brian Kelly's DC at Grand Valley State and then later again at Central Michigan.

BranchWater

This has been coming for a while, the word started to get out right before the bowl game. He improved the D but theres more improvement needed, so Butch better knock it out of the park with this hire.

TeamMainStreet

Ill be honest. I dont have any idea who he is. Nothing new with Butch Jones hires. Apparently he was Jimmy Franklins D coordinator at Vandy when they had their run. He is now with Franklin at Penn St and was also in the mix for D coordinator at LSU last year and turned them down over the salary? IDK.I dont really care much him being a James Franklin retread but if he can coach a defense, who am I to say either way? Maybe Mudbone can give some insight.

http://www.andthevalleyshook.com/2015/1 ... -bob-shoop

Tennessee Lead

Shoop shoop ba-doop
Shoop ba-doop
Shoop ba-doop ba-doop ba-doop
Shoop ba-doop
Shoop ba-doop
Shoop ba-doop ba-doop ba-doop

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

mtn cur

Total Defense Ranking
#110 Year before arrival:
#64 1st year
#37 2nd year
#36 3rd year
*fired*

Yeah, this a mistake by Butch. Trying to make the 4th qtr collapses look like it was the DC, I suppose. The guy is talented and it showed. Now Butch is taking a chance. Not sure he had a ton of talent to be much higher than 20-30 any way.

TeamMainStreet

mtn cur":2t6svpps said:
Total Defense Ranking
#110 Year before arrival:
#64 1st year
#37 2nd year
#36 3rd year
*fired*

Yeah, this a mistake by Butch. Trying to make the 4th qtr collapses look like it was the DC, I suppose. The guy is talented and it showed. Now Butch is taking a chance. Not sure he had a ton of talent to be much higher than 20-30 any way.

You might be right about the decision to let Jancek go but you are wrong about the talent. It is there.

gator-n-buck

:smash: 4th Qt. Problems had more to do with the offense not staying on the field and the "D" wearing down at the end of the game..... :)

We are only guessing why this move has occurred..... :tu:

TeamMainStreet

gator-n-buck":3fvihrdr said:
:smash: 4th Qt. Problems had more to do with the offense not staying on the field and the "D" wearing down at the end of the game..... :)

In the OK , yes, maybe. Multiple penaltys by a certain MLB giving OK first downs in the 4th quarter more probable.

In the UF game, not at all. TN moved the ball fine. Rushing only 3 with a spy and two DBs playing lazy on 4th and 14. More like it.

In the Arky game, probably. Their o-line had more to do with that than anything. BIGGEST LINE IN FOOTBALL PERIOD.

In the Bama game, TN didn't lead going into the 4th if I remember right though I could be wrong. They scored in the 4th to go up by one. They moved the ball decent except on the last drive.

Jancek was definately serviceable but not really earth shattering IMO.

Vermin93

TeamMainStreet":3khumn28 said:
In the Bama game, TN didn't lead going into the 4th if I remember right though I could be wrong. They scored in the 4th to go up by one. They moved the ball decent except on the last drive.

You just had to remind us of the primary reason the nation is currently facing this Bammer crisis... :bash:

gator-n-buck

TeamMainStreet":1gfi94c1 said:
gator-n-buck":1gfi94c1 said:

In the OK , yes, maybe. Multiple penaltys by a certain MLB giving OK first downs in the 4th quarter more probable.

In the UF game, not at all. TN moved the ball fine. Rushing only 3 with a spy and two DBs playing lazy on 4th and 14. More like it.

In the Arky game, probably. Their o-line had more to do with that than anything. BIGGEST LINE IN FOOTBALL PERIOD.

Jancek was definately serviceable but not really earth shattering IMO.

You must of missed the drive at the end of the UF game when UT went 3 and out and could of iced the game with a 1st down. Dobbs almost looked like he took a knee on a QB sweep during 3rd down. What did UF do when they got the ball back, scored the winning TD.... :)

TeamMainStreet

gator-n-buck":2yjnvypq said:
buckaroo":2yjnvypq said:
With about 4 4th and 15 hail maries
Should never got to that if UTs offense would of excuted in the 4th Qt. The 3 and outs gave the ball back to UF.

Yes I agree that TN could have iced the game right there. That was most definately Butch thinking he had it in the bag and trying to burn clock by running the ball. If they had just been able to actually do it, it would have worked.

But really? Who rushes only 3 with a spy and very very soft coverage on 4th and 14?

mtn cur

you wasting your breath bro. they goin to da ship in 16. the brick mailbox is complete :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Latest posts