In What Year Did You Kill Your First Deer?

mrw

1986. Started hunting in'84. Didn't see a deer my first year, missed several my second year, and finally connected my third season.

volsfan1976

1986. I was 10. First time I ever got to go deer hunting and it was opening morning of juvenile hunt. Got out of the jeep with dad and we walked about 50 yards into the woods. Looked up and a doe comes running through the woods and stops in the trail we are standing in about 15 yards away broadside looking at us. I asked dad if I could shoot it. Hehe. I did and she dropped in her tracks. I remember thinking how easy deer hunting was. Lol

woodswise

1972 10 point killed in Peagram Tn. There were only a little over 5000 deer killed in Tennessee that year. I had people drive to my house to see it.

Hunter 257W

Sometime in the very late 1970's. To be totally honest I can't remember which deer was my 1st. So much for your 1st being memorable, huh? I was in my late teens.

MUP

About the same for me, as I remember the deer, and the hunt like it was yesterday, but a little fuzzy on the exact year. I'm thinking it was in '77 or '78. Old moses my buddy named him, a 1-1/2 yr old 2 pt...yep, 2 pt, not a spike. He had a broken 3 point frame on one side, but slick as a ribbon on the other. :D

Latest posts