I'm on the fence......... What do you guys think

Coach

We usually keep the does intact during bow season. I invite a few younger fellas (friends of my sons) in and let them shoot pretty much whatever they want to...but, I also like to get a couple of does at least. I personally will shoot one for camp venison if given the opportuntity. When muzzleloader and rifle season come around I only shoot larger bucks...just my preference

Mike Belt

The kids are all gone but we still go through 5-8 deer in the freezer yearly. Between burgers, different types of sausages, plain deer meat, and deer meat used in various other recipes we empty the freezer every year.

On bucks I hold out for "my" shooters. Does aren't that fortunate. Sometimes I just get antsy after not having killed a deer after a bunch of trips and I drop a doe. Sometimes I make it a doe day and go for 3 does. It makes for a lot of work but I can get it all done in a day as opposed to having to work at it 3 different days.

WRbowhunter

That's the great thing about TN deer hunting. You have the opportunity to make choices like this. You can kill one,two or Three bucks and wack a bunch of does. you can limit your weapon to something very primative like a self bow or hunt with long range rifle. Its great to have choices.

Latest posts