How many shells does it take…

OffHand85

We went near sikeston one year about 17 years ago, 280 in one day, 500 shells, 7 shooters. Filled a dodge dually bed up to the rails. Didn't even pay for the shells or gas, our rodeo coach at church set it up, so much fun killed 4 bands that day.

Dodge Man

Dodge Man

It may have been a blast, but I'm not sure I would like doing it like that. It was all just flock shooting to pile up birds during the conservation season.
This hunt was for a competition to see what 10 man team can kill the most snow geeese and make it back to the check in by 2pm. It has big sponsors and big prizes for the winners. Similar to a bass fishing tournament.

Dodge Man

What do the hunters do with the geese after they are killed the pictures taken?
In this situation all geese killed during this competition were donated to feed people.

"All geese will be donated to Arkansas Hunters Feeding the Hungry and all proceeds will be donated to Arkansas Waterfowl Association, Ducks Unlimited, Delta Waterfowl and Arkansas Hunters Feeding the Hungry."

Dodge Man

Probably throw them in a ditch.
I have ate snows a couple times and I really liked it.
I have cut up and marinated snow geese and mallards side by side. Nobody could tell the difference after it was cooked other then the really mature snow geese are more tough. But the juvenile snowgeese i would take over a mallard any day to eat.

Joe2Kool

In this situation all geese killed during this competition were donated to feed people.

"All geese will be donated to Arkansas Hunters Feeding the Hungry and all proceeds will be donated to Arkansas Waterfowl Association, Ducks Unlimited, Delta Waterfowl and Arkansas Hunters Feeding the Hungry."
Excellent!

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I have cut up and marinated snow geese and mallards side by side. Nobody could tell the difference after it was cooked other then the really mature snow geese are more tough. But the juvenile snowgeese i would take over a mallard any day to eat.
I have told people that and they laughed. They are indeed awesome.

MidTennFisher

What do the hunters do with the geese after they are killed the pictures taken?
Throw them in a ditch, of course. They'll virtue signal about "saving the tundra" without even being able to point to that area on a map but this was about social media glamour. That's why it's on YouTube.

And crap like this is exactly why you're fully wasting your time driving to Arkansas to knock on doors to hunt snow geese. Everything is locked up with a checkbook because every dork in a flatbill hat wants a piece of the social media fame.

Also, I went to ND several years ago with a friend to hunt snows and they're delicious. Tastes like a bigger mallard to me. People say they taste bad because really they just want to use that as an excuse to kill as many as they can, get those Instagram pics, then trash them.

Latest posts