Tier 2 How many hunt days?

Pic IN the Casa

I'm probably not looking in the right spot but what I did find says Tier 2 blinds are 2-4 days of hunting? How/where do I get a solid answer?
For disclosure, a friend drew a blind at Cheatham. He is an avid duck hunter but old school with technology (as am I, I guess).

Btw- I still have not gotten any emails to let me know what my status is.

WilcoKen

I'm probably not looking in the right spot but what I did find says Tier 2 blinds are 2-4 days of hunting? How/where do I get a solid answer?
For disclosure, a friend drew a blind at Cheatham. He is an avid duck hunter but old school with technology (as am I, I guess).

Mine was listed on the draw document. I tried Cheatham but got Old Hickory for 3 days. I think I remember all the Cheatham hunts were 3 days when I filled out the application. I'm not sure anything else is published with dates other than the draw card. He also needs to be sure to complete the Notice of Intent. The date is on there too. If you want to PM me I can contact your friend and hopefully walk him through pulling the card with dates.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled

You should be able to log into the app on your phone, or through the website to find out your status on the draw. If it says successful, you should be able to go click on the button for Purchase licenses, and then click the button on the page(not your web browser home button) that says "Home" and see your licenses/permits to be able to print them out from there. The hunt dates should be on your quota permit, but you can also see them on the manage link from quota hunts page where it shows successful/unsuccessful.

Smashdn

Which ones is 20 days? I'm no mathematician but 60 days divided into 3 segments (early, middle, late) is 20 day segments.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Each application segment is 20 days, but within those segments there's generally one "hunt" at each site per week. WMA-specific restrictions on hunt days seem to dictate how many days the hunt lasts.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Glad I don't duck hunt, crap is a pain to figure out!

From what I understand back in the day limits were determined based on a "points" system, with each species worth a different number of points. Once you had 100, you were limited out…so duck hunting used to involve math…could be done after 3 ducks or nearly 10.

Dodge Man

From what I understand back in the day limits were determined based on a "points" system, with each species worth a different number of points. Once you had 100, you were limited out…so duck hunting used to involve math…could be done after 3 ducks or nearly 10.
Could have been done after 1 duck. Canvasback was 100 points, Mallard Hen was 90 points, Back Duck maybe 100.

Pic IN the Casa

By the way, here's a photo of my buddy's blind. 23 days before our first day to hunt it.
Apparently, the bid winning contractor bailed on the state and twra has pulled all of their contracted workers to finish the blinds. This blind was supposed to be finished before they started pumping water but that obviously didn't happen.

At least the corn looks good.
Screenshot_20211104-094612_Messages.jpg

TAFKAP

By the way, here's a photo of my buddy's blind. 23 days before our first day to hunt it.
Apparently, the bid winning contractor bailed on the state and twra has pulled all of their contracted workers to finish the blinds. This blind was supposed to be finished before they started pumping water but that obviously didn't happen.

Look at all that opportunity!

Levee Jumper

View attachment 118601
For approximately $28,000 less, local duck hunters could have built and brushed a 8 man blind in a couple long weekends. Several could slide a floating blind that is killing the grass behind their shop in place this afternoon.

Dodge Man

View attachment 118601
Probably a lot of the materials still laying on the ground in the water.

Latest posts