How long to hang

Laserman1

I don't age at all. Kill, process same day if
possible. I've had them hang for 5-10 days and can't tell the difference in the taste of meat except for the amount of loss of the dried out meat I have to cut off during processing.

SinningSaint33

Saw a video on YouTube where a guy fry aged a deer ham for 28 days. I killed a big old doe the day after thanksgiving. Put a ham in a seperate fridge at 36° and let it sit there for 25 days. Removed it, carved the "bark" off and cut into steaks. The most tender deer meat I've ever eaten.

LanceS4803

And some meat can be "aged" too long.
I was working in Chile and we had our weekly splurge meal (gotta save that per diem). As Chile is known for their beef, I ordered a steak. When it arrived, it smelled rotten. Like a cow died and has been in the field a week, rotten. Others at the table smelled it too. I just couldn't get past the smell and had to have the waiter take it back. He was greatly offended that I questioned the quality of their beef.
Order duck, instead.

Madbowh

I've always thought 3 days per 100lbs low 32-55 degrees of its in the 50s got to be cooler at night and in the shade.

Going by this 3 days per 100lb I can tell a big difference in the meat. I won't eat it if they a are not hung. I even have a couple processors that let me hang them and come get it to process myself for$20

Latest posts