How fast have you been ?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Ok so what is the fastest you have been in a boat?

Myself, about 60 I believe.
Riding with a buddy.
I was thinking to myself, if you ever get close to the bank I am outta here. :D

WTM

on the waverunner with my wife, we usually cruise around 55-60. for some reason it doesnt feel that fast on it, its a pretty good ride at that speed.

on a boat with my older brother in 1993. we used to fish tournaments and practice together but when he hits 75 on plane with nothing but the prop in the water, thats when i quit fishing with him and bass fishing all together. i should have known better to get in that boat with him wreaking of beer. its a wonder if he didnt kill us and somebody else, but the river was empty that day thank God.

Spurhunter

77 MPH (GPS) in a Skeeter bass boat with a 250. My buddy has a Ranger that will run high 60's. There is a world of difference in 67 and 77 on the water, in my opinion. 67 is comfortable. 77 is a little spooky.

Jmed

84 in a 20xd bullet with 250XS. Buddy warned me he wanted to hit my spot first and was 4 boats ahead of me in the blast off order. He in a brand new Triton 20x with a 250 XS. about a mile down the river I got around him.

scn

90 in a stripped down Bullet. My buddy knows how to drive, so with the minor worry of hitting a submerged log, I was pretty calm. My mantra for the day came from the Josey Wales movie: "It's a good day to die."

infoman jr.

92 in a Bullet with Reid Cox driving (when he worked for them). I've been in the 80s quite a few times in other bullets. The fastest I've had my Norris Craft is 64.

cbhunter

Kirk":ffjssh59 said:
I wasn't driving I was a passenger. Allison with a 250 Merc that was showing a GPS speed of 94. It was scary

my fastest was also in an Allison with 250 and some kind of built powerhead. luckily it wasn't running right and I think we only reached 75. Definitely the scaredest I have ever been in my life!

Aquaholic

119 mph gps in an Allison... It siphoned my diet Mt Dew out of the bottle...92 mph gps on a Waverunner

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

SilverFox

One of my friends I fish with from time to time has a Bullet 20XD with a Mercury 250 pro XS that says custom built by mercury racing on it. I don't know exactly what that means but he ran it up to 86 with me in it one time when I asked him how fast it would go with 2 people. The water was a little rough and it appeared to have some more in it. He said he has had it up to 94 by himself.

The fastest I've ever had my Skeeter is 70. That was just me in it. People say mine will run low 70's but I have the motor lower for a better ride. I prefer the 45-50 mph range. I'm not a speed demon any longer. I wrecked a jet ski about 10 or 12 years ago. The last time I looked down I was running 74 and climbing when it happened. That broke me.