now this is how you deal with poachers

WTM

banned from fishing everywhere in the world.

megalomaniac

exactly what should happen when you are that egregious. give a warning if you are 1 fish over and made an honest mistake and miscounted in the cooler. but going 140 over needs jail time.

about 20 years ago, I was fishing for hybrids/ stripers below Ross Barnett. Watched a Vietnamize guy catch his limit of 3, take them up to his car, put them in the trunk, and come back down and start working on his 2nd limit. After he took his 2nd limit, I called the game warden. By the time the warden got there, he was working on limit #5. He got fined $100 for every fish over the limit. Ended up being around $1000 fine. Word got around pretty quick, and I never saw another take more than their limit the rest of the spring.

WTM

I love it but how do they think they can enforce a fishing ban world wide?
yeah im thinking the report reported in wrong, maybe thinking of the knterstate violator compact. i dont know of any international database but i may be wrong.

it works, it pretty much put Stracner in retirement.

Smells Like Sulfur

I've always thought it would be appropriate for the first time to give a warning (considering if it is a legitimate mistake), and for the second one to have all assets that were involved with the crime seized. The truck you used to tow the boat, boat, trailer, any guns that may have been on that boat, and all your fishing equipment, high grade sonar and the like, and slap them with a 10-year US fishing ban. Any kind of felony would bar them for life from owning firearms and makes life a living hell from then on them anyway.

Let them get old and talk about the story where they lost hundreds of thousands of dollars of equipment for trying to steal fish.

Crow Terminator

I know several of the biggest poachers in Tennessee. They've been caught multiple times. Have had stuff confiscated. Had to pay fees. Licenses revoked. And it changed nothing. They said they never bought license anyway so having a ban or revoked license don't matter. They intentionally drive old pieces of junk and probably don't have a single gun registered to them either...horse traded around for them.

mike243

Need to send them back to their native country imo. that's what happens when you can't follow the rules, coarse look at how many border crossers we have here now 🤬

Dbllunger

Glad the trash are getting what they deserve and don't disagree with any of it.

But the worldwide ban almost made me spit diet coke out ma nose....lol.....Was Interpol involved? Why stop at just our world? How bad it gotta be to have a Universe ban? Are they flagged if they buy a box of crickets in Papau New Guinea?

Tough sledding for them two fellas.

Latest posts