Soooo, how about Rock Island?

hammer33

I try. In my experience they always hit like crazy the week before I fish. :p At least thats what I get told at the boat ramp.
Its really hard to get on a good pattern. Weather gets right and they crank open the dam and the water changes in an hour. It rains and the water is full of leaves and garbage for a few days. I know some guys are successful but I sure haven't been.

WilcoKen

I went one time about 20 years ago. It was about this time of year. Caught 1 that weighed 8lbs. Very close to the ramp.

hammer33

Gonna try to get out there as well this afternoon. Friend went yesterday and the walleye were definitely there
See! There we go again! Ya should have been here yesterday :p

Went this afternoon and didn't get a single bite. Saw one boat out of 9 catch one. Guys at the ramp fished from 8 am - 4 pm and caught 2.

Dbllunger

See! There we go again! Ya should have been here yesterday :p

Went this afternoon and didn't get a single bite. Saw one boat out of 9 catch one. Guys at the ramp fished from 8 am - 4 pm and caught 2.
Lol....I fished from 12-4. Not a bite! I was in a 16 ft SeaArk with 25 yamaha. Saw 2 guys livescope a short crappie it looked like but that's all I saw.

hammer33

Lol....I fished from 12-4. Not a bite! I was in a 16 ft SeaArk with 25 yamaha. Saw 2 guys livescope a short crappie it looked like but that's all I saw.
I run a 17ft skeeter center console jon boat with a 50 merc. I tried trolling cranks for about an hour. nothing. Then I jigged curly tailed grubs on the bottom for 3 hours. Nothing. When does hunting season start again? LOL.

recurve60#

Seems a tad early, but I always fished as far up towards the generators as I could get and not sure if you can get past the blue hole anymore. Its been years.
Maybe go down river a ways and start working your way back till you find them?

Latest posts