Talking about Cicadas - get ready...

Sako

with all this talk about cicadas going on... I am pumped. A few years ago we had a hatch around here and the fishing was great if you tried to match them as best you could... The carp loved them... catching a 8-12 pound carp (which there are good number of them out there) is a blast as they fight like crazy...

These fish with just a twitch on the surface work wonders.... Do not retrieve them... cast around carp and just twitch some

Last edited:

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
with all this talk about cicadas going on... I am pumped. A few years ago we had a hatch around here and the fishing was great if you tried to match them as best you could... The carp loved them... catching a 8-12 pound carp (which there are good number of them out there) is a blast as they fight like crazy...

These fish with just a twitch on the surface work wonders.... Do not retrieve them... cast around carp and just twitch some

Which color pattern and size do you think works best?

Kirk

My new Cicada lure arrived today.
IMG_3017.jpeg

Setterman

Suggestion for the non fly fisherman. Buy some clear casting bobbers and then buy some flies tied to look like cicadas. Tie the cicada about 18" below the casting bobber.

Far more effective than the cicada plugs etc out there

Latest posts