Ground Shrinkage?

Chickenrig

My 8 I killed was a mistake… I thought he was a different deer we had seen minutes before.. but when they are on the hoof chasing a doe .. it's shoot or not in seconds.. he wasn't the deer I was after but he is a fine deer and gonna be delicious. I got caught up in the trophiest mentality for a few years because of buddies and just general atmosphere in the hunting community.. but I'm again back to my roots.. I hunt to eat. I try to be a conservationist and a steward of the land. I am still a little picky but if I haven't killed a deer and one walks out… it .. he/she will get put to rest.
This man gets it !!!!!!!!!
Thank you sir

BSK

From my experience, the biggest mistakes I have made on deer below my goals is made when you been in a slump and haven't killed anything in awhile. I used to get over anxious. But as I get up in age it doesn't bother me not to kill a deer, especially knowing he has a chance of being bigger
COMPLETELY agree!

Biggun4214

First good buck I killed actually grew when I walked up to it. I looked for another deer to be laying near by.
Also the year that exposed bone was an antlered buck, I killed what I thought was a doe that busted me every time I hunted this spot. She had fawns with her all the time. This deer came through and started blowing. I thought she had ran her fawns off and may have a buck in tow. When I shot the deer I sat waiting on the buck to come behind her. After about 5 minutes I heard my son shoot so I decided I didn't want to butcher 3 deer. I walked up to my doe and saw 2 shiny knobs above the hairline.
If a good buck would have walked by I would have killed it.

Latest posts