Ground blinds

megalomaniac

I LOVE them for certain applications... I buy the cheapest ones I can find, usually around $49 on sale. Will easily fit an adult plus child. Just have to have full zip up windows... that's the key to a ground blind. Get in, zip up the windows completely in the direction the deer will not come, and the main 1 or 2 directions just unzip the window an inch or so to peek out. Deer will walk 5ft from the blind and never smell you. Unzip the window enough for the shot at the last minute.

Tenntrapper

I use one here on the farm. Don't know the brand, but it's decent size. I only use it in one area...the middle of a hay field. When we do the last cut for the year, but before we get the bales hauled off, I put it up and put some of the round bales around it. The deer get used to seeing those bales out there...I guess. After the field is clear...I just leave the blind and the bales around it. Deer will walk right up to it. I've also been known to fashion a blind out of those round bales...but that's been a few years ago.

Edit... Here is a pic from one of the hay bale blinds. I'm actually to the left of the rifle under some bales. He can't see me as I'm just holding my phone out taking pics. Not seen is another bale to the right. I'm actually back in there to the left... sitting in a turkey seat. Rifle is just sitting there on shooting sticks.

IMG_20231101_140647.jpg

Last edited:

Stumpsitter

I have several. Rhino & Primal right now.
Primal has good customer service. I broke a stick setting on up and emailed them. I had to send a picture and proof of purchase, they sent me a new blind. Can't beat that ! I'm almost certain I can order a replacement stick from Rhino that will fit it, because Primal doesn't sale parts for blinds.
It helps if you brush them in a little bit or leave them for a while so they get used to them. Keeping the windows closed especially on the sides and back does help with scent containment and it helps keep you hid. I use them quite a bit because my property has a large gap in the mountain that's hard to hunt because of thermals no matter the prevailing winds.
They are perfect for young hunters. I used to carry a sleeping bag toys and snacks with me when mine were younger. Just have fun with it.

RobbyW

Probably not what your looking with a child but after falling off a ladder in June that broke my neck in two places and 7 other bones and because of that finding kidney cancer and getting a kidney removed I promised my wife I would hunt from the ground at least this year. I have no idea what deer see but the ghost blind is pretty cool to human eyes.

Attachments

• IMG_4964.jpeg
    IMG_4964.jpeg
    784.2 KB · Views: 57

Gobble4me757

Probably not what your looking with a child but after falling off a ladder in June that broke my neck in two places and 7 other bones and because of that finding kidney cancer and getting a kidney removed I promised my wife I would hunt from the ground at least this year. I have no idea what deer see but the ghost blind is pretty cool to human eyes.
Got a buddy who swears by em...

44 mag

I hunt primarily out of ground blinds. I get what ever the cheapest hub style I can find. I have also started to build my first permanent blind that's going to be bigger and will be used primarily for the kids.

jbranham63

Tidewe.com has some great hub style ground blinds and they are reasonably price. They are see through on 3 sides as well. Usually you can find a coupon code online to get them at a discount. My friend and I have several of them and they work great. I also have a rhino 180 blind and it works well too.

Latest posts