ground blind

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I just use whatever is available in the woods. I've had limited success with pop up blinds, and they are very cumbersome to me. If you can tick them into some brush, a cedar tree, etc then you should be fine, but if yo do that then the blind really isn't doing much for you, is it?

rem270

I would set it out no later than 2-3 weeks if using it for rifle. And then brush it up real good. I wouldn't want to set one out right now and let it sit for that long unless you don't care about it being weathered.

jlanecr500

I've set them up and brushed in advance. But anymore, I carry it in with me in the dark, set it up and get in. Same way with a climber or tree seat. I kill just as many deer. I think of it as the element of surprise. When they stop to check it out, it's all over but the dragging.

Speedwell-Hunter

I've set them up and brushed in advance. But anymore, I carry it in with me in the dark, set it up and get in. Same way with a climber or tree seat. I kill just as many deer. I think of it as the element of surprise. When they stop to check it out, it's all over but the dragging.
hmm, intereting

Remington700

I have a very small 2 man one I carry in like a climber. Most deer ignore it all together. A few will peep eye and stomp at it. I typically set it up just off a four wheeler trail and look down the road both ways. I've been very successful with it. Some of these really big blinds spook deer from what I've been told.

megalomaniac

Depends on the purpose...

It takes 1.5 to 2 weeks for deer to get used to them and ignore them.

If I don't want the deer to pay attention to the blind, I set it up a couple weeks in advance. If I want deer to stop and stare at the blind (when I'm hunting a narrow gas pipeline and need the deer to stop before crossing) I just pack it in, set it up and hunt, then pack it back out.

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
Some times I set up the day of the hunt in brush and had good luck, but deer will spot it and be nervous. I've got one that set out now for the season. it's not easy to get to and set up on a food plot and don't like spooking things. I did a platform for my season long blind to set on because hills in E Tn. Having it set up all season, it's good that I don't have to brush in.

IMG_0023.JPEG

IMG_4716.JPEG

LY

I've done it both ways and continue to do so depending on the situation. I've never had an issue either way.

Yes some get nervous and maybe leave a little sooner then they would have otherwise. But I've also never had one of those nervous ones leave before I couldn't have killed them many times over.

I don't even brush them in all that often anymore, I do like to cover them with some camo burlap. It's dark in color and cuts down on the fading after being out for several months.

Latest posts