GPS input wanted

The_Utility_Dude

Was browsing on Cabela's and they have Garmin Oregon 450T on sale for $250.00. I was thinking about getting a new GPS. Anyone have any feedback on this or other units. I'm not looking to break the bank for one. Prolly wouldn't want to spend much over $350-$400.

infoman jr.

Two of my friends and I each have an ETrex Legend. I have the cx; the other two have the hcx. None of us have any complaints with them. The hcx definitely picks up satellites faster.

de novo

Love my Garmin 60. Before that I had a Garmin 12. I haven't found a cell phone GPS app that is comparable for me. Sounds like a good price on their Oregon model.

Andy S.

I've used numerous handhelds over the last decade both for work and for hunting, and I'm most impressed with the Garmin 60cs or 60csx (eBay as they're discontinued) or the Garmin 62s or 62st. You cannot go wrong with either of these. Best of luck in your pursuit of a handheld GPS.

nate17

ive got the 450t. Im happy with it overall. Don't expect the cheap preloaded topos to help u much. Ive got a couple stands that I have to hike about a mile and cross 2 beaver dams to get to, and its spot on. I have occasionally had trouble with it picking up satellites after sitting for long periods. Like turk said, carry a couple extra sets of batteries, the cold weather def don't help the battery life any.

Latest posts