New hunting spot input wanted

Urban_Hunter

Your "plan" failed. You didn't bait anyone into anything.

Hunting wild deer near houses and hunting subdivision deer are two entirely different things. I don't see what you don't understand. The deer in Radnor Park will eat out of your hand. The deer in my front yard will sprint if they hear you unlock the door. SeekOne isn't asking to hunt my front yard. They're asking to hunt, for the most part, pets that have been generationally trapped in an urban environment that has caused them to completely lose their sense of danger related to humans, as every human encountered for generations has been feeding or ignoring them. The deer on Presidents Island are accustomed to being hunted and killed. If you don't see this fact, look at the current success rate. Then ask yourself, how successful would you be in Radnor Park?

catman529

Hunting wild deer near houses and hunting subdivision deer are two entirely different things. I don't see what you don't understand. The deer in Radnor Park will eat out of your hand. The deer in my front yard will sprint if they hear you unlock the door. SeekOne isn't asking to hunt my front yard. They're asking to hunt, for the most part, pets that have been generationally trapped in an urban environment that has caused them to completely lose their sense of danger related to humans, as every human encountered for generations has been feeding or ignoring them. The deer on Presidents Island are accustomed to being hunted and killed. If you don't see this fact, look at the current success rate. Then ask yourself, how successful would you be in Radnor Park?
This is mostly false. I know a few of the spots seek one hunts. You couldn't hand feed a deer much less get within 20 yards. Start door knocking and prove me wrong. Oh and it's got to be a 150+ inch buck to even compare to what they are killing.

Urban_Hunter

This is mostly false. I know a few of the spots seek one hunts. You couldn't hand feed a deer much less get within 20 yards. Start door knocking and prove me wrong. Oh and it's got to be a 150+ inch buck to even compare to what they are killing.
I've tried hard to figure out your unwavering stance on this one. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's "mostly false". I'm guessing this guy is a closer friend than you lead on and you're defending him? I can understand that. However, what I say is absolutely not false.

I know the story of the video from two years ago. My good friend is in that video…. Doing the landscaping. I worked with him for 4 years, including the time the video was shot. He was my landscaper in new home construction. I know what was edited out of the video. I know why they haven't been back to that property.

I'm sorry if your feelings are hurt. That's not my intentions. However, killing that deer was no feat. Any person who has ever had any success at all could have killed that deer. The guys on the mowers sure could have. The only "feat" there was misleading the homeowner into permission to hunt, a "feat" that seekone explicitly tried (or maybe still tries) to market in a "pay to play" seminar video. Shooting that deer doesn't make them a hero in my book.

Your "challenge" is unacceptable for me. If I got a permission slip to hunt at DuPont or the Steam Plant, and I went in there and killed a 150, what would that prove? Or even a high fence hunt. What's the difference? That deer they killed couldn't leave if it wanted to.

Last edited:

catman529

I've tried hard to figure out your unwavering stance on this one. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's "mostly false". I'm guessing this guy is a closer friend than you lead on and you're defending him? I can understand that. However, what I say is absolutely not false.

I know the story of the video from two years ago. My good friend is in that video…. Doing the landscaping. I worked with him for 4 years, including the time the video was shot. He was my landscaper in new home construction. I know what was edited out of the video. I know why they haven't been back to that property.

I'm sorry if your feelings are hurt. That's not my intentions. However, killing that deer was no feat. Any person who has ever had any success at all could have killed that deer. The guys on the mowers sure could have. The only "feat" there was misleading the homeowner into permission to hunt, a "feat" that seekone explicitly tried (or maybe still tries) to market in a "pay to play" seminar video. Shooting that deer doesn't make them a hero in my book.

Your "challenge" is unacceptable for me. If I got a permission slip to hunt at DuPont or the Steam Plant, and I went in there and killed a 150, what would that prove? Or even a high fence hunt. What's the difference? That deer they killed couldn't leave if it wanted to.
Honestly don't know any of what you're referring to or whether to believe it or not. I don't know much about a deer killed 2 years ago. Doesn't make much a difference to me. You can't get a permission slip to DuPont or the steam plant. If those guys lost access to a spot they killed a buck 2 years ago, so be it. That's part of hunting in the city. I don't have a problem with it. Deer are overpopulated in a lot of places and there's a few really good bucks too. I have no problem with anyone killing em. And sometimes it is quite the challenge just getting access and not losing permission due to a neighbor. That's one reason I mostly stick to public land.

Antler Daddy

Glad you got to experience the thrill of a tarpon leaping out of the water. It's a rush like no other!

I hope one day you get to experience catching one that you had to fool into eating a bunch of chicken feathers.

Much like a neighborhood deer, tarpon are a different animal when they view humans as a threat.
I would be happy with the ones that hang out under the piers at Worldwide Sportsman. Maybe when I retire, I will fish. I just dont think people should be judged for catching a tarpon in a canal or a bluegill under a pond pier.

Antler Daddy

I have no plan. The fact is that suburbia is just about everywhere. Tell a man he cant hunt within 150 yards of a house and 50% of the spots are GONE!

Urban_Hunter

I have no plan. The fact is that suburbia is just about everywhere. Tell a man he cant hunt within 150 yards of a house and 50% of the spots are GONE!
Oh no I don't disagree with that at all. I chose my screen name for a reason. I enjoy getting in tight to the pinch points and trying to outsmart the deer. Hunting close to buildings and hunting neighborhood deer are two entirely different things, even as described by BSK who probably has more knowledge on deer behavior than the rest of us combined.

My SeekOne stance is solely based on their famous nashville deer from two years ago. I have family that live on the Indian Lake Peninsula in Hendersonville and they routinely have deer in their yard that you can push with your bumper down the driveway. Some of these are bigger than any deer I've ever killed in my life. If I were to kill one, and I was to make a video of it blubbering and crying like it was a great feat, I would feel like a schmuck. Me and my niece shoot them with nerf guns lol. Especially if I wrapped up the video by saying, "for $19.99 I'll show you how I did this". Maybe not all their videos are like that. But, if Spook Spann started a fair chase public land series… I wouldn't watch it. Because he's a con and a disgrace to the hunting community. Maybe not apples to apples…. But hopefully you get my sentiment.

ruger7mag

2-Step Enabled

Let's hear the details!

Latest posts