Gosh darn it guys!

Terence

shwackmaster said:
How bout guy #1 do what he wants on his land and guy #2 do what he wants on his land? Its a deer! Follow the laws set in place by TWRA and enjoy! If a guys shoots 3 spikes a year so be it. I

Thats basically what Im getting at if u want bigger deer let them lil ones walk if u want to shoot any deer then by all means do so . We have a small farm that we do that on because it just doesnt have the potential for big deer to small of farm thats all woods with to many fields bordering every edge but I get about 2 or 3 out of there every year usually does. The 8 point I have posted here came from that same land just was in the right place at the right time kind of thing . Only seen one other buck out there all year

Terence

This is first time ever that I only have one buck tag left and both were within the limits i have tried to hold myself to on my farm.

Southern Sportsman

The regularity of this topic, and the veracity with which it is argued by both sides never ceases to amaze me, but what amazes me more, is that nobody does anything but fluffy kitten.

During a football game in high school I was arguing with another player about whose fault it was that we went three-and-out twice in a row and my coach grabbed me by the face mask and yelled something that has stuck with me ever since. "If bitching helped anything I would fluffy kitten right along with you, but it doesn't! So shut the hell up and go do something about it."

For those of you who are advocating the virtues of a 1 buck limit, have you called a legislature? Attended any public meetings? Started a petition? Contacted your neighboring land owners about QDM practice? Or do you just fluffy kitten about it on a talk form?

I am personally on the fence about the limit. If the limit is 1 or 15 I'm not going to hunt differently. A lower limit might increase the age class in my hunting area and that's a good thing -- but I respect the guy who gets a huge thrill out of killing 2 or 3 deer that I might not kill myself. I can see both arguments but I'm tired of reading about them without any action being taken.

Stalkhunter

Well I went home to NY a 1 buck limit state and most seen what I took. Well The state has big deer and I have one on my wall to prove it.

But just because it is a 1 buck limit state does not mean hunters wont shoot spikes, 3 pts 5pt and so on.

I seen 2 bucks when I was home. 5pt and an 8pt. I got the 5pt.

Ny has gone to antler restriction. Well how come I did not see bigger and larger antlered bucks. Hmmmmmm I dont get it. I guess the soil is bad and does not produce them, Or its genetics.

I shoot 3 bucks if i can and in 12 years here i tagged out once. Oh not because i did not try. due to the long drives to middle and west tn and cost of fuel I will shoot 3 bucks if i can if i can doe days are just as tough as buck days in east TN. I dont agree with the doe limits, I have seen one doe this season and she got a pass. Why because a buck was chasing her and he got a bullet.
I am a meat hunter as well. But i have the choice to let bucks walk and it should be my choice as long as i am within the Law.

catman529

TENN.BOY said:
im just stating the facts,the proof is in the picts and the 3 bucks we killed that went over 140+ off our property in nov.
sounds like you got a good spot. Also sounds like a 140 inch buck is pretty normal around your parts. In Tennessee, a 149 inch buck is more of a trophy because its not as common. But it does seem we are getting more big bucks lately. But I hope we don't get em like Ohio, because I dont want Tennessee to become a tourist attraction to hunters.

TrailWatcher

TENN.BOY said:
how many picts of differant bucks that size do you have?lets see what you got and i can show you at least 10 that size from my trail cams in ohio in the last 3 months,and that is for sure a good buck
I'm sorry I posted the wrong pic I was gonna show this one
PICT0087-2.jpg
You had better stick with Ohio.. ;)This season we stared a 4 on one side or better rule on our property so maybe someday we can have some of those BC deer on our walls...

volunteer1

Man, im sure big game guy would not have posted this topic if he thought it would turn into the never ending debate that we have allseen on this forum before. I might be new to posting but I have been reading on this sight since it started. We all know there are different views and opions. I agree with southern sportsman...if you want to make a change do something about it and stop the complaining. I hunt within the guidlines of our laws and have great hunting buddies who stand on opposite sides of the aisle regarding the limit. When I first read big game guys topic I thought it was a positive thread about our state. However it has turned into another slippery slope topic that goes bad.

Bowdacious

It seems to me that what regs we have now are working just fine. Several people I know have gotten some very nice ones on public land with a 3 buck limit in place. Imagine that. It happened without a one buck limit or size restrictions. Who'da thunk it?

Skully

The law is the law, thanks TWRA, keep up the good work. This years hunting season was set up perfect. If I hear one more thing about growing deer Im going to throw up. Just put the darn thing in a pen and feed it slop and let it out and shoot it. Why take the natural out of hunting? Because you want the biggest rack? I want the most tender tenderlon. Shelby County has giant big ole monster deer.

BusyDad71

Skully, you are absolutely correct!! I live in Arlington and I am by no means a pro at scoring a rack (A bucks rack anyway), but I have seen at least a dozen bucks in Arlington the last two years that I can say for sure would score over 150"!! I saw one a couple weeks ago crossing Airline Rd. at dusk that might have approached 180"!! Shelby Co. does indeed have MONSTER bucks!!

Skully

Ive driven from Bartlett to Arlington everyday for the last 2 weeks and will be for the next 2 weeks. See deer in the morning but way more in the afternoon. Watched a small buck walking behind a doe this afternoon breathing like he was about to pass out. Im sure she was ripe. Buddy of mine has a 16 and a 14pt on his trail cam. 2 most beautiful, perfect racked deer Ive ever seen. The 14 is bigger than the 16 but the 16 has a wider rack. Not sure how to score but I killed a 135 2 years ago and these make mine look like a spike. The 14pt has long thick tines and I guarantee you its at least a 160+ class deer.

Latest posts