Gosh darn it guys!

BigGameGuy

I've seen more giant buck pics this year than I saw in the first five years of getting on this sight (2004).

If you're not careful and you guys keep posting pics like that you're gonna let the cat outta the bag! After all, everyone knows you have to go to the Midwest to kill giant bucks. ;)

rem270

I was telling my plant manager at work about the 25 pt killed in Henderson Co a few days back

He looked at me and said i would have to see some research on that deer because theres none like that in Tn. I said your full of crap get on tndeer.com and see how many big ones have big killed this yr. Even told him the possible mz state record was killed a few weeks back

But hes one that no matter how big a deer it is, he will say, it would have been a good one next yr.

The 6 acres i hunt in Tn is not 500yds from his house and when i killed my 11pt opening day it ate him up :D

eddiep

And its only possible with a one buck limit! Looks like TWRA needs to tell the deer they can't get that big without a one buck limit. Good job TWRA with the management and congratulations to TN hunter's for doing themselves what other states forced upon its hunting population.

Winchester

How many Giants have been posted? Ive saw a lot of really nice deer posted but I dont know how many I would classify as giants? Definitely some really nice deer killed in TN every year and I think its getting better, but we dont have all that many Giants killed just yet each year.

Hollar Hunter

Yep I've seen a lot of big bucks go down this year. Now if I could just kill one of the 2 I've been chasing all season!

Savage

Two things,

With the acorn crop being so large this year, does are more spread out, and bucks have to travel more.

BUT,

Whether its peoples attitudes towards QDM, or the 3 buck limit, who knows what... Deer are getting bigger in TN.

Roost 1

eddiep said:
And its only possible with a one buck limit! Looks like TWRA needs to tell the deer they can't get that big without a one buck limit. Good job TWRA with the management and congratulations to TN hunter's for doing themselves what other states forced upon its hunting population.

Really!!! Are we talking about the same state that has 34 B&C bucks all-time? I do agree that some great deer are coming out of TN and can assure you don't want TN to be considered a trophy state. However this should show everyone the potential TN has to produce top end bucks if managed in that direction. This should be a good argument against the theory that TN can't grow trophy bucks because of soils all the other bad reasons thrown out there...seems to me the genetics are there at least in places.

I know what's to come now........ LOL

RKenney

Yes it has been a good year for big bucks in Tennessee. It make you wonder how many others that have been killed and never get posted on this web site or any other website for that matter. I also wonder what the percentage of bucks 140+ are made public for all to see.

Hollar Hunter

RKenney said:
Yes it has been a good year for big bucks in Tennessee. It make you wonder how many others that have been killed and never get posted on this web site or any other website for that matter. I also wonder what the percentage of bucks 140+ are made public for all to see.

I'd say a LOT more don't make it public than do. I know of at least a dozen really good deer that's not been on here and that's just the ones I've known about.

PcDeer

Its come a long way in my opinion over the past decade or so. I've seen a lot of big deer taken in my home town especially over the last two years, not to mention all of the studs taken statewide we've all seen posted on here. Buddy of mine got a real nice 8pt this morning.

waynesworld

Coming from the Midwest I may not have see the same size giants as I did there but then we always talked about the giants that came from Canada and Alaska. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence :)

bowriter

R.I.P.
Terrible state to trophy hunt, abysmally managed. No reason for any one to come here to hunt. In addition, the cougars are absolutely everywhere.

Latest posts