Called it a season

archer19

Guess I've called the season early…..
Last 4 times I've gotten up to get ready, think of all the stuff I have to do for the day and end up in the recliner watching news and enjoying a cup of joe.
Thought of "if I kill a deer today I won't get this, this, and this done" crosses my mind.
Anybody else?

MUP

I've not been able to go many times myself this season, first day in the woods at all was opening day of rifle season. I did get a good buck that morning tho so I've definitely been blessed. Just don't have the the get up and go this year, and haven't been but a handful of times since. But, the times I did go I saw several deer and could have tagged out on several of those days. Getting older sucks, and having allergies that are getting exponentially worse really adds to the misery as I'm still coughing my head off as I type this from being outside yesterday even. Looks like my season ended about 3 weeks ago bc that's the last time I got out there, and doubt I'll be getting back there this last week.

Chickenrig

Last 4 times I've gotten up to get ready, think of all the stuff I have to do for the day and end up in the recliner watching news and enjoying a cup of joe.
Thought of "if I kill a deer today I won't get this, this, and this done" crosses my mind.
Anybody else?
Get out of my head !!!!!
I'm in my recliner with my coffee reading this and thinking the same thing 🥴 and our rut won't start for another week or so .

fairchaser

I've seen so few deer this year, it's hard to get motivated just to sit and see nothing again. Our season goes till the end of January but some of our best property gets shut down for field trials and deer capture for research. One of our hunters killed a collared buck. A 5.5 year old nine point scoring about 130.

Anyway, the pickens are getting slim even on green fields. Next season I think I'll focus my efforts on the first two weeks of December during that heart of the rut and not waste my time watching birds and squirrels.

Chiflyguy

I seemed to have "forced" myself to go out more than I should have.
I "like" deer hunting.
But I "love" fishing.
Did get a spike during muzzleloader so I'm good.
A lot of you guys are hardcore deer hunting and I love watching people enjoy themselves.
I'll take an 18" smallmouth any day.

Snake

Went four times this year . Killed a decent seven point opening muzzleloader big body buck. Took DA next time and kinda walked around him hoping to push a deer towards him . Worked to a tee to get a doe to check off McMinn . Went one evening next hunt killed an eight point so tagged out . Went one more evening and could have killed a doe but chose not to . Couldn't muster up enough desire to go anymore to just kill a doe but thought about going to shoot a coyote but didn't happen . Been blessed though thank God .

Tenntrapper

I may get an opportunity to go tomorrow or Friday, but then that is it for me. Looking like tag soup this year. The weird part...It doesn't really bother me.
I've been working on my squirrel rifle, and I have these pups. I'm really wanting to get after the tree rats. Unfortunately, I've wasted most of the season either on the couch or hunting uncooperative deer.
Wife and I are trying to trim up a little... chasing dogs may be just the ticket. Who knows, shedding a few pounds may help to motivate me to walk up this hill next year...don't reckon it will hurt.
I got the opportunity to hunt with a few guys on here this year... that's been my highlight.
Weird how things change...

Chiflyguy

I may get an opportunity to go tomorrow or Friday, but then that is it for me. Looking like tag soup this year. The weird part...It doesn't really bother me.
I've been working on my squirrel rifle, and I have these pups. I'm really wanting to get after the tree rats. Unfortunately, I've wasted most of the season either on the couch or hunting uncooperative deer.
Wife and I are trying to trim up a little... chasing dogs may be just the ticket. Who knows, shedding a few pounds may help to motivate me to walk up this hill next year...don't reckon it will hurt.
I got the opportunity to hunt with a few guys on here this year... that's been my highlight.
Weird how things change...
I'd be happy to help balance out the boat for tree rats in a couple weeks.
Still got the Lezbaru😀

Spurhunter

Anybody else?
Not me. I guess I'm just irresponsible. I figure that stuff will be waiting on me after season. Life is just too short to spend it "getting stuff done". My house needs updated inside. My yard needs work. My tractor needs the carb rebuilt. I could go on and on and on. I figure when I'm on my deathbed I won't be thinking about the time I painted the living room or got all the leaves up out of the yard. Like I said, irresponsible. I tagged out on bucks in TN and then moved on to MS. It will all be over soon enough then I can get stuff done. Unless.....it's good fishing weather. 😅

OldGoat68

We've got a great place to chase deer fairly close to home. To be honest, i spent more time working on stands etc. during the other months then i did hunting in season. This year has been a dumpster fire at home and i think my heart just wasn't in it. It's a shame, I love getting out in the woods. Some of best moments are wondering around to my stands and waiting for that critter to come into view. Hoping for a bounce back next season. For now, at least the ducks have been somewhat cooperative.

Latest posts