FT. CAMPBELL 2014

Bowtech Man

I hope not I hunted 11 days and seen 3 does total but was covered up with bucks every sit. If they do leave the rule in affect I want be back. Just saying I'd rather hunt public land with less restrictions , being able to hunt a area for more than 1 day if you get on a good deer, and not having to deal with the crooked phone system. We hunted ABO3 that holds 16 people and there was 4 trucks counting ours with like 7 total hunters present. That's my 2 cents.

gobblegrunt

Yeah I couldn't agree more. The phone system is very crooked. Let me re-phrase that. It's the people that call in and reserve hunting areas that know good and well that they 're not going to be hunting. The good areas are always full, but what really gets me is that when you drive around them there isn't a vehicle around. Not even 1. I'm no dummy, I know what is going on.

Leaf

I don't know if it would help or not but there use to be a no show line for the areas not picked up by 1900 hrs. People could not just call and lock up areas.Or it could be done where you pick up that morning, then a no show.

JDP

Heads up about the holiday hours for the hunt shack.....24 Dec 2014 Everything closes at 1200 noon, 25 Dec 2014 Christmas Day we are closed, back to

normal hours until the 31st (which doesn't effect most of you since deer season closes on the 29th of Dec this year). 31 Dec 2014 the Store will be closed all

day but the area assignment side will close at 1200 noon. 01 Jan 15 Closed for New Year's Day!

HuntFish714

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope it was good for all!
Been sick this week but think im getting over it now.

Congrats @fulldraw and good luck in the remaining days of the season!

Filled my last tag on post last sunday, another 86lb doe. gunna try to get out on sunday or monday for the archery extra doe areas and shoot for one more for the freezer.

Its been a crazy awesome year! I got stationed here last year from living back west, I bowhunted and bought a muzzleloader and hunted the entire season except for November due to training. It was my first time hunting whitetails cause we dont have them back home. Figured they were like mule deer and put my west coast tactics to use. BOY WAS I WRONG!!! They are nothing alike! I also couldn't hit yhe broadside of a barn either for some reason, never had that issue before. Anyway, went all year without killing anything, deployed in February and after months of anticipation returned Oct 23rd. With the help of a couple local buddies- they taught me how to climb a tree and sit and be patient vs sounding elmer alerts every where. Also they helped me get my muzzleloader all set up with the perfect load and scope, making the combination of it all a deadly one. My first weekend out I shot a 86lb doe, second weekend shot an old 7.5+ 10 point, the third weekend shot a lil 8 point at lbl, and now shot another doe this past sunday. Not bad for my first whitetails in my opinion, and am extremely thankful and for those who have helped me learn these crazy critters lol.

Gravel

Great year Huntfish! I'm glad you hung up your mule deer tactics! Sounds like you have found the right combination for whitetails!

Glad you are back for the holidays. I hope you had a Merry Christmas.

Best of luck to those hunting this weekend.

Latest posts