FT. CAMPBELL 2014

turk870

had a friend in 45 this eve and he didnt see a deer

bob did you see the deer i got in illinois(posted in genral forum under thanksgiving a day of firsts)van is on the lease with me he got exited with alot of chasing few weeks earlier and got so tore up he couldt tell which buck was which and wound up shooting one of the smaller ones when it stopped,but it was still in the120s

HuntFish714

LBL as fun, real windy and not many deer. Shot a little 8 point on sunday morning. Will post a couple pics some time after I get my ft campbell and lbl buck plaqued. My first two whitetail bucks... will look good with all my mulies. 3hunts, 3 shots, 3 kills. Alot better year than last year! Havin a blast and appreciate everyones help and info!!!

SMB44

HuntFish714 said:
LBL as fun, real windy and not many deer. Shot a little 8 point on sunday morning. Will post a couple pics some time after I get my ft campbell and lbl buck plaqued. My first two whitetail bucks... will look good with all my mulies. 3hunts, 3 shots, 3 kills. Alot better year than last year! Havin a blast and appreciate everyones help and info!!!

congrats

Mr.Bro

turk870 said:
had a friend in 45 this eve and he didnt see a deer

bob did you see the deer i got in illinois(posted in genral forum under thanksgiving a day of firsts)van is on the lease with me he got exited with alot of chasing few weeks earlier and got so tore up he couldt tell which buck was which and wound up shooting one of the smaller ones when it stopped,but it was still in the120s

Turk. Is your box full? Sent PM yesterday.

SMB44

HuntFish714 said:
Thanks! And ya thats a ton of deer! If only theyd open the ones that need it

I counted 30 does in a cut corn field one afternoon when I was there.... One buck..

B&C Buster

Do many guys do much small game hunting at the fort? They're keeping the better deer areas closed for small game, gets frustrating! Wouldnt mind checking in them to scout but hate to waste time i could be hunting!

Leaf

Does anyone know how many bucks have been killed so far this year on the base. I remember Sam used to keep a few areas to quail hunt but he always put the deer hunters out in the rifle areas. That was then , no more rifles, no more deer hunting at Fort Campbell now.

jman90

Well looks like I had to move on from 9B. After hunting it almost exclusively for a little over a month in an attempt to pattern em still no luck. Have yet to even kill my doe. Got 42A for Sat and Sun. Anybody hunted this area recently? Also looks like a neighboring farm backs right up to it, is ther a fence seperating the fields or is it open for deer movement? Thanx

Latest posts