FT. CAMPBELL 2014

LIL JOKER

I talked to a old man last spring at a softball game who talked about hunting the impacts at ft Campbell 20 yrs ago. he told me he was coming back this yr to hunt and I asked him what would he do if he got caught he said I have plenty of places to hunt so it don't bother me ..I told him it was a 5,000 fine and then he changed his mine..lol

RightPlaceRightTime

Well I tagged out Sunday 11-9-14 in ol' faithful TA31, not my biggest deer and def not the biggest at Fort but I couldn't make myself let him walk! He about climbed my tree, it was only a 6 yard shot. Oh ya just to clarify.. I was in the RIGHT area I swear hahah
deer_zps551ffacc.jpg
[/url][/img]

RightPlaceRightTime

Thank yall, i was happy. Even after the 1,300 yard drag lol. I will comment on the 14ALPHA thing also, i have met @fulldraw before and he is a great laid back guy i dont think he is playing warden or anything. I have hunted the fort fairly hard the last 4 or 5 years and learn something huge every trip out and especially through networking and talking to ppl. I honestly just have to laugh when i hear of someone killing a deer like the one in 14A after being mixed up and maybe in wrong area, there is giant deer killed every year up there by just dumb luck and ppl not having a clue how good an area is and not knowing how many ppl would trade weeks of hunting an average spot to hunt a GREAT area on base for a day. 14A is that area for me, undoubtedly the best day ive ever had at fort was in that area and i didnt even kill anything.

kry226

Living vicariously through you guys again this year. Congrats to those who have tagged a buck and good luck to those who haven't yet.

SMB44

RightPlaceRightTime said:
Thank yall, i was happy. Even after the 1,300 yard drag lol. I will comment on the 14ALPHA thing also, i have met @fulldraw before and he is a great laid back guy i dont think he is playing warden or anything. I have hunted the fort fairly hard the last 4 or 5 years and learn something huge every trip out and especially through networking and talking to ppl. I honestly just have to laugh when i hear of someone killing a deer like the one in 14A after being mixed up and maybe in wrong area, there is giant deer killed every year up there by just dumb luck and ppl not having a clue how good an area is and not knowing how many ppl would trade weeks of hunting an average spot to hunt a GREAT area on base for a day. 14A is that area for me, undoubtedly the best day ive ever had at fort was in that area and i didnt even kill anything.

I have talked to him through PM and I have no doubt he is a great guy. I think we have everything workout between the two of us. Now, I am not sure I would call the killing part of my hunt dumb luck... The me getting the area was most defiantly luck.

58scout

I've got 34 for Saturday and hopefully for Sunday too here in a little bit...haven't hunted that area before, anybody got recommendations? Any PMs would be greatly appreciated!

BamaHK

Hello guys and gals. Newly assigned to post and got the three-day spots of 28, 49 and 47. First time hunting public land and was just curious to some of the unpublished "courtesies" of hunting spots?

wayers

Ill be heading to the frt thanks giving any guesses how the activity will be. And any good public land to hunt near the fort. Any info is appreciated

Great White Stalker

Hey Ft Campbell guys. I'm hunting area 48 & 28 the next 2 days. I've never been in those areas......Id like to put my wife on a monster buck or a doe at the least...if anybody knows of a hotspot just to get me started I really appreciate it.

Latest posts