FT. CAMPBELL 2014

jman90

This is my first post, new member. I've been hunting at 9B for most of the season in an attempt to pattern them a little better. With so many great areas on post it sometimes seems like a guessing game. Unfortunately still haven't got it done. If anyone has some tips on 9B I'd really apriciate any help. I hunted 7 once and it seems to have some really nice deer grazing when I drive by. Thanx in advance.

SMB44

@fulldraw said:
DntBrnDPig said:
Nice buck SMB44. Congrats!

Ignore the haters.

Hater? The dude's original post clearly states he was not in the correct area. Also, I'd like to be as "lucky" to get in 14a as well. Unfortunately, my call in time isn't early enough and my fingers can't dial fast enough cause I guarantee there aren't many more guys that tried as much as I did to get 14a this weekend.

Look man I don't know you and you don't know me. But all I see from what you have posted is that you are unhappy with me because I made a mistake and got to hunt a great area because I am AD and got extremely lucky when I called in. That was my second trip to the Ft and I went and looked at the area and the way the map is it just confused me. That and the signs for 14A say 14.. That is what threw me the most. Also I looked at the map as the state line being Angels Road all the way across so I thought 14A was all North of the Angels Road. I should have asked someone at the station and clarified but I didn't. In my original post I should have said wrong area, But that was from my phone and I was pretty tired at the time so I appoligise for the bad wording.

SMB44

Thanks everyone for the congrats. I am truly blessed to have harvested this buck. I wish everyone good luck this year!

@fulldraw

SMB44 said:
@fulldraw said:
DntBrnDPig said:

Ignore the haters.

Hater? The dude's original post clearly states he was not in the correct area. Also, I'd like to be as "lucky" to get in 14a as well. Unfortunately, my call in time isn't early enough and my fingers can't dial fast enough cause I guarantee there aren't many more guys that tried as much as I did to get 14a this weekend.

Look man I don't know you and you don't know me. But all I see from what you have posted is that you are unhappy with me because I made a mistake and got to hunt a great area because I am AD and got extremely lucky when I called in. That was my second trip to the Ft and I went and looked at the area and the way the map is it just confused me. That and the signs for 14A say 14.. That is what threw me the most. Also I looked at the map as the state line being Angels Road all the way across so I thought 14A was all North of the Angels Road. I should have asked someone at the station and clarified but I didn't. In my original post I should have said wrong area, But that was from my phone and I was pretty tired at the time so I appoligise for the bad wording.

You're right, we don't know each other. I may have posted in haste, but it doesn't bother me that you're AD, got 14a or killed a buck. What bothers me is you get on this forum and publicly announced you were in the wrong area. Again, you just said you thought 14a was north of angels rd. In my opinion, you got extremely lucky you weren't turned in and banned. But in this case, ignorance was rewarded. I won't comment anymore but next time think before you post. Being AD I would learn to read a basic map as well then. Just saying.

@fulldraw

jman90 said:
This is my first post, new member. I've been hunting at 9B for most of the season in an attempt to pattern them a little better. With so many great areas on post it sometimes seems like a guessing game. Unfortunately still haven't got it done. If anyone has some tips on 9B I'd really apriciate any help. I hunted 7 once and it seems to have some really nice deer grazing when I drive by. Thanx in advance.

9b is tough this year from want I've heard. I would concentrate back by the landfill. Stay away from the fields.

HuntFish714

From my understanding 21 hasnt been open at all or much this year. Deer cross from 9b over to the dtop zone in 21 at night. Saw lots of trails crossing the road when I drove by yesterday. Id take fulldraws advise or walk in one of them trails from the west till u find a spot u like. Ive never personally hunted 9b just posting what ive seen

LIL JOKER

9b I hear everybody talking about the damn big buck by the landfill every yr..old ren50 chase him for 2 yrs and that was 3 yrs ago he should be about to fall over dead from old age..lol

jman90

Thanx everyone for the quick responses. I have been hunting about half way in the area on the large fire break at various spots and hunted the fields. There's definitely heavy doe movement on the fire break. I would love to hunt the back by the dump but I mapped it at close to a 1.5 mile drag out of the woods. :/ might have to give it a shot this weekend. Thanx again everyone ;)

SMB44

@fulldraw said:
SMB44 said:
@fulldraw said:
DntBrnDPig said:

Ignore the haters.

You're right, we don't know each other. I may have posted in haste, but it doesn't bother me that you're AD, got 14a or killed a buck. What bothers me is you get on this forum and publicly announced you were in the wrong area. Again, you just said you thought 14a was north of angels rd. In my opinion, you got extremely lucky you weren't turned in and banned. But in this case, ignorance was rewarded. I won't comment anymore but next time think before you post. Being AD I would learn to read a basic map as well then. Just saying.

You think someone should be banned over an honest mistake? Man I pray that you do not work in a position where you have that kind of power over another person. I can read maps just fine. The problem is the map doesn't match what is posted in the area. That is what lead me to believe that I was looking at area 14 (which is on the map but is closed). There is really no need for you to attempt to belittle someone that made an honest mistake. As I am sure that you have made them before.

BamaBucks

According to the rules, hunting in the wrong area is a 30 day suspension, not a banning.
If your gonna play Internet warden, I would at least know the rules.

The fact that he hunted 15 that morning probably didn't hurt a thing, and just goes to show you how much stuff goes on in there intentionally that never gets caught. People praised them for catching those guys a few years ago, what nobody really mentioned is those guys had been doing that in touched for 20 years.
People hunt the Impact zones down there every week. Heck I met some guys one time in East Tennessee that had pics of 4 bucks laying in a truck bed, the smallest around 140, the largest they said was over 180, they all came from the fort, by civilians. When I asked them if they got good areas, they told me they been going down there a while and they know how to get where nobody else hunts.

All I'm saying is stuff like that goes on almost daily at the Fort, I wouldn't get out of the bed to hunt area 15, so I'm doubting this guy did this on purpose. If he hadn't killed a big buck later in the day, the Internet wardens wouldn't even care. So go ahead, turn him in, he will get to keep his deer, and will get a 30 day suspension.

Kyle155

bamabucks you want to talk about east Tennessee boys hunting illegally have you ever thought they have put their time in learning areas. As for hunting the wrong area and killing a deer and just getting a 30 day suspension and getting to keep the deer count me in! As for the deer you're talking about they were a 193, 158, 153, and a 144. By the way what does civilians have to do with anything?

Roost 1

BamaBucks said:
According to the rules, hunting in the wrong area is a 30 day suspension, not a banning.

The fact that he hunted 15 that morning probably didn't hurt a thing, and just goes to show you how much stuff goes on in there intentionally that never gets caught. People praised them for catching those guys a few years ago, what nobody really mentioned is those guys had been doing that in touched for 20 years.
People hunt the Impact zones down there every week. Heck I met some guys one time in East Tennessee that had pics of 4 bucks laying in a truck bed, the smallest around 140, the largest they said was over 180, they all came from the fort, by civilians. When I asked them if they got good areas, they told me they been going down there a while and they know how to get where nobody else hunts.

All I'm saying is stuff like that goes on almost daily at the Fort, I wouldn't get out of the bed to hunt area 15, so I'm doubting this guy did this on purpose. If he hadn't killed a big buck later in the day, the Internet wardens wouldn't even care. So go ahead, turn him in, he will get to keep his deer, and will get a 30 day suspension.

What the MWR manager decides supercedes any rules in the cam-circular. May want to keep that in mind when you think it don't matter if you break the rules....

BamaBucks

Dufusjoe,
Looks like you got the right address, to maybe be one of those guys...
I grew up near where these 4 guys are from, (Morristown, Greeneville) and one of them killed himself a few years ago... Anyhow he had all kinds of cool stories about hunting in the impact, running into some army dudes in there, and even using a rifle. Him and his 3 buddies also liked to hunt in a couple local parks around Cherokee lake, and on the Girl Scout camp. They also had a spiral bound notebook full of active duty permit numbers they offered to use when a buddy of mine was down there one time and couldn't get an area, cool I guess I your u to that kinda thing..
I'm from east Tn too, so I'm not hating easy Tn people...
If you kill the deer in the wrong area not sure you could keep it, but jut hunting in the wrong area is 30days.

@fulldraw

BamaBucks said:

I've hunted the fort long enough. I know the rules. I just said banned, didn't say lifetime ban. 30 day suspension is the same as being banned for 30 days. It's very reassuring to see guys are ok breaking the rules. Hunting the fort is a privilege. I would hope most guys felt the same way. Guess not.

rtaylor

Hunted at the fort this weekend and it was rough for me. Hunted 20 for the first time and saw two spikes and a doe while on stand. My buddy was in 20 and saw 4 bucks, one that was pretty good but no does. Lots of shots on Saturday and hardly heard any on Sunday. Plenty of buck sign everywhere.

Latest posts