FT. CAMPBELL 2014

TheRealSpurhunter

HuntFish714":2wyc25m2 said:
Merry Christmas everyone! Hope it was good for all!
Been sick this week but think im getting over it now.

Congrats @fulldraw and good luck in the remaining days of the season!

Filled my last tag on post last sunday, another 86lb doe. gunna try to get out on sunday or monday for the archery extra doe areas and shoot for one more for the freezer.

Its been a crazy awesome year! I got stationed here last year from living back west, I bowhunted and bought a muzzleloader and hunted the entire season except for November due to training. It was my first time hunting whitetails cause we dont have them back home. Figured they were like mule deer and put my west coast tactics to use. BOY WAS I WRONG!!! They are nothing alike! I also couldn't hit yhe broadside of a barn either for some reason, never had that issue before. Anyway, went all year without killing anything, deployed in February and after months of anticipation returned Oct 23rd. With the help of a couple local buddies- they taught me how to climb a tree and sit and be patient vs sounding elmer alerts every where. Also they helped me get my muzzleloader all set up with the perfect load and scope, making the combination of it all a deadly one. My first weekend out I shot a 86lb doe, second weekend shot an old 7.5+ 10 point, the third weekend shot a lil 8 point at lbl, and now shot another doe this past sunday. Not bad for my first whitetails in my opinion, and am extremely thankful and for those who have helped me learn these crazy critters lol.

This kind of story warms my heart, congrats on a great season, and thanks for your service most of all!
I bet you are hooked after getting to hunt up there.

Tennessee Lead

TheRealSpurhunter":1kbpxokb said:
HuntFish714":1kbpxokb said:
Merry Christmas everyone! Hope it was good for all!
Been sick this week but think im getting over it now.

Congrats @fulldraw and good luck in the remaining days of the season!

Filled my last tag on post last sunday, another 86lb doe. gunna try to get out on sunday or monday for the archery extra doe areas and shoot for one more for the freezer.

Its been a crazy awesome year! I got stationed here last year from living back west, I bowhunted and bought a muzzleloader and hunted the entire season except for November due to training. It was my first time hunting whitetails cause we dont have them back home. Figured they were like mule deer and put my west coast tactics to use. BOY WAS I WRONG!!! They are nothing alike! I also couldn't hit yhe broadside of a barn either for some reason, never had that issue before. Anyway, went all year without killing anything, deployed in February and after months of anticipation returned Oct 23rd. With the help of a couple local buddies- they taught me how to climb a tree and sit and be patient vs sounding elmer alerts every where. Also they helped me get my muzzleloader all set up with the perfect load and scope, making the combination of it all a deadly one. My first weekend out I shot a 86lb doe, second weekend shot an old 7.5+ 10 point, the third weekend shot a lil 8 point at lbl, and now shot another doe this past sunday. Not bad for my first whitetails in my opinion, and am extremely thankful and for those who have helped me learn these crazy critters lol.

This kind of story warms my heart, congrats on a great season, and thanks for your service most of all!
I bet you are hooked after getting to hunt up there.

X2! Merry Christmas to you sir. Thank you.
Would love to see some pics if you have time.

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

HuntFish714

Thanks yall I appreciate it!!! Heres some pics as requested. Not the biggest ones but happy with them no doubt.

Attachments

• 20141116_162535.jpg
    20141116_162535.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 930
  • 20141130_122349.jpg
    20141130_122349.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 932
  • 20141207_132100.jpg
    20141207_132100.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 929

Tennessee Lead

HuntFish714":2kaj8sfv said:
Thanks yall I appreciate it!!! Heres some pics as requested. Not the biggest ones but happy with them no doubt.

Wow I ain't much of a jawbone expert but even I can tell that ones old! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

Latest posts