Fort Campbell 2021

CBuck37

2-Step Enabled
Funny how the available areas list tonight was a heck of a lot shorter than the list under the areas tab on the home page. Everybody ready for the nascar race on 101st in the morning? Reckon I'll be taking my first good nap of the year somewhere in the 30s! Good luck to all!

medwc

🤪

Only one Elmer was out this morning. Young military guy bow hunting in a gun area. Which is legal and very doable BUT he only had a redish orange panal on his back(hope he doesn't get shot). He was walking all over the place(hope he doesn't get shot). I guess that was his version of spot and stalk. lol... I am sure he will cover the whole area by days end and piss off a few hunters (hope he doesn't get shot). I seen a few does and a small buck. I'll be out this evening and hopefully soldierboy will not be. Good luck yall.

🦌

DntBrnDPig

I haven't been paying a lot of attention to the Fort this year but it looks like there are practically no areas open listed on the page. That been the case all year?

deerfever

Well...how did it go?
If I could have ever gotten an area it would have been nice. By the time they opened back up, there was not much open and what was open was doe only! I am sure someone got an area for a day or two but not me. I have never seen the place as hard to hunt as it is now. Maybe I can get an area for a day next year possibly. I am sure someone probably got in and has more to tell you. Lol

Last edited:

ZachMarkus

Well...how did it go?
Hunted up there as much as I could, it was closed 3 weeks during peak rut so that sucked. Area availability was limited this season. I saw a lot of deer and passed on some good bucks, I did see two shooters, both came down the same trail but was two thick to get a shot with the bow.

@fulldraw

Took longer than normal but filled my buck tag. Saw a lot of bucks and passed some good up and comers. My favorite area was a crap show this year due to idiots. Is it that hard to know the rules of FC?

Tn Joe

The only buck I saw that I would've shot had probably 30" broke off one side of his rack. Of course he hung around in range for about 45 mins just to rub it in lol

@fulldraw

That's good. Congratulations!

Tell more about the idiots.
Same old crap, I typically get to avoid. This year it seemed to follow me everywhere.

Guys not knowing the area boundary.
Guys parking across road from area they hunt in.
Walking in prior to the 90 min mark.
Even had one guy checked in with two kids hunting with him.

Then there's the idiots that walk around an hour or so before dark while others are hunting. One morning I had a guy drive down to me to ask where I was going to hunt, which is fine most of the time. However, I asked how many people he drove by in the area and he said I was the only other person in there. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Why crowd me when you have the remaining area to hunt? Then you have people that have tagged their buck and doe hunting in areas keeping someone from buck hunting. Why not just go to a doe only area?

earlytime

FC Hunting and fishing should have the reg changed to say. If they had shot their buck, it should only let you sign into doe only areas. That way everyone that bought or received a permit can hunt or have a better chance of getting an area. Also, people are getting an area and not even going out to hunt, but won't turn it in either, I don't understand the greed.

Jbird22

Hunted up there as much as I could, it was closed 3 weeks during peak rut so that sucked. Area availability was limited this season. I saw a lot of deer and passed on some good bucks, I did see two shooters, both came down the same trail but was two thick to get a shot with the bow.
At least FC had the decency to announce the closure well in advance. FK, on the other hand, decided to no disclose that and sold permits (a tier 3 lottery archery permit in my case) as if it would be a typical season. I drove 9.5 hrs to hunt FK only for there to be a handful of less than ideal areas open that I (tier 3) couldn't even get a spot in. Area availability looked drastically different the week prior to my trip. Thankfully, a good friend I go there to hunt with lives within an hr of there and invited me to come hunt his place. Still, it was a tough pill to swallow knowing we had booked an Airbnb near FK and couldn't get a refund at the last minute. So that money was lost on a house that we never set foot in. I feel like FK would have been just as aware as FC about the limited availability of hunting opportunities during that time. One made the right call and the other one didn't. It's the first time in 5 yrs of hunting FK that I even remotely had a negative experience but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm extremely thankful for our military and would NEVER place a greater importance on my recreational activities over their training activities. I just felt like FK should have been up front like FC so folks like me could have adjusted their plans beforehand.

Latest posts