Finding a lock-on stand on WMA

Mike Belt

Headhunter... No argument here. Everyone has to do what they can live with. I just know that if I found an area and hunted it, climbed out of that stand that evening, and planned on being back in there the next morning I'd probably leave that stand hanging even knowing that I wasn't supposed to or that I couldn't claim an area. On the other end of the spectrum if I found a stand where I wanted to hunt I'd probably hunt elsewhere. It wouldn't do me a lot of good to go ahead and climb a tree only to have that hunter come in on me and screw up my hunt. Now, leaving that stand up for the duration is another story.

Gravey

Had you asked me I'd have told you to hunt it because I wasn't going to be there. :poke: :moon: :lol:

Seriously I wouldn't hunt it because of the safety side of it but I wouldn't let it drive me out of the area. A stand in public land doesn't give you the right to that area. I haven't been on Priest in a while but there are stands all over it.

catman529

Mike Belt":k5myundd said:
Headhunter... No argument here. Everyone has to do what they can live with. I just know that if I found an area and hunted it, climbed out of that stand that evening, and planned on being back in there the next morning I'd probably leave that stand hanging even knowing that I wasn't supposed to or that I couldn't claim an area. On the other end of the spectrum if I found a stand where I wanted to hunt I'd probably hunt elsewhere. It wouldn't do me a lot of good to go ahead and climb a tree only to have that hunter come in on me and screw up my hunt. Now, leaving that stand up for the duration is another story.
you can leave your stand overnight on any wma per the wma rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNReb

Gravey":lx1zg4fy said:
Had you asked me I'd have told you to hunt it because I wasn't going to be there. :poke: :moon: :lol:

Seriously I wouldn't hunt it because of the safety side of it but I wouldn't let it drive me out of the area. A stand in public land doesn't give you the right to that area. I haven't been on Priest in a while but there are stands all over it.

It was way to nice of a stand to be yours. :poke:

catman529":lx1zg4fy said:
you can leave your stand overnight on any wma per the wma rule

Well if I had known that I wouldn't even have asked. I thought it was against the rules to do so. Maybe I'm confused with "overnight" and "permanent" ... anywho... doesn't really bother me. If anything, at least I know to beware of someone in that area now.

DRSJ35

if they asked the wma manager and he gave permission and they have there twra number on it and phone number than they are legal.Not sure if that is your case or not.

dburt

Oops. I don't have any stands up on public land but I do Gabe a trail camera. ...never thought twice about it! (Well except that it might be stolen)

Land Between the Lakes

I would NEVER hunt out of another hunters treestand. Because it could start a confrontation, and because of safety issues. The stand could have been placed by someone who has no clue as to what they are doing. The stand could have broken parts or have other issues that could lead to serious injury.

Latest posts