federal tss

Crazyeye

I am waiting for them to get the 20 gauge in stock to try it. I hope it does well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bone Collector

I was coming in here to ask about them. Rogers has both 3.5 and 3 in stock for the 12 gauge.

my question is this. will these be as good as the hand loads? i have heard claims that these things will kill out to 80 yds, which seems absurd to me. If that is the case and people making those claims were talking about 3" shells, what is going to be the effective range with a 3.5"...100 yds?

REN

Bone Collector":lprsxq00 said:
I was coming in here to ask about them. Rogers has both 3.5 and 3 in stock for the 12 gauge.

my question is this. will these be as good as the hand loads? i have heard claims that these things will kill out to 80 yds, which seems absurd to me. If that is the case and people making those claims were talking about 3" shells, what is going to be the effective range with a 3.5"...100 yds?

the benefit of hand-loading your own is you can play somewhat with stuff like buffer to fine tune it to your load or choke. I dont know about 100yds I mean at some point velocity becomes an issue and at something that crazy far you will have to have a scope

Bone Collector

REN":3js695of said:
Bone Collector":3js695of said:

the benefit of hand-loading your own is you can play somewhat with stuff like buffer to fine tune it to your load or choke. I dont know about 100yds I mean at some point velocity becomes an issue and at something that crazy far you will have to have a scope

I know you'd need a scope, but what I'm asking is do you think that these shells could do that? If so we should hunt with small caliber rifles and just forget the shotgun. Get a 9X or better scope and a tack driver .17 or 22 mag and let it rip at their necks or bodies. You can leave your vests and calls at home too if you so choose too.

REN

I have no idea man. I'd think you would loose to much velocity at that point to be consistent. I'm sure someone will try though unfortunately. At that range or even 80yds I doubt it's consistent enough even in pattern spread. At that range wind, elevation etc really start to matter which most wont take into account when shooting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy S.

Bone Collector":2btd1qwx said:
i have heard claims that these things will kill out to 80 yds, which seems absurd to me.
This is the reason I wish TSS and other pellets were fatal to 45 yards, and then they would vanish in thin air. Unfortunately, that is not the case, and more hunters than not will push the envelope with these loads, and in turn fatally wound more turkeys, and possibly seriously wound other sportsmen if not sure of their intended target at those distances.

Bone Collector

Andy S.":3qwv2fxn said:
Bone Collector":3qwv2fxn said:
i have heard claims that these things will kill out to 80 yds, which seems absurd to me.
This is the reason I wish TSS and other pellets were fatal to 45 yards, and then they would vanish in thin air. Unfortunately, that is not the case, and more hunters than not will push the envelope with these loads, and in turn fatally wound more turkeys, and possibly seriously wound other sportsmen if not sure of their intended target at those distances.

I guess i should have prefaced, my original comment with "in before the TSS 100 yd shot" thread.... I'm going to guess that will be a real thread on here or some other forum, in the near future. :roll:

REN

IDK I look at it a lot like rifles though. I see people all the time makes shots on deer at 350+yds using a 223 or similar (heck even 300mag count in my point) when the average shooter that goes out and sights in their rifle once a year and thats all the shoot it has no business shooting that far. at some point its not can it do it, its SHOULD you do it. We tend to blame companies for claims on yardage etc which is fine BUT their job is to make money and market, its our job as hunters to not do stupid stuff even if it may be possible.

Boll Weevil

REN":ipdzvvkm said:
We tend to blame companies for claims on yardage etc which is fine BUT their job is to make money and market, its our job as hunters to not do stupid stuff even if it may be possible.
Yup. For some though, it won't matter. Someone will try 60, 70, 80 yards (if it hasn't already been tried) and more birds will likely be wounded. It's not the fault of the pellets that someone takes a crack at a gobbler nearly a football field away.

Latest posts