Encouragement for those considering processing your own.

Swampster

I have to bag and trash. I don't have anywhere I can simply dump the carcass unfortunately.
Oh, there is a road near my farm for that. A bridge goes over a small creek and people dump carcasses and often whole deer that have not had a knife taken to them, or (presumably) bucks with only the head missing. There was a pig down there a couple of weeks ago and the buzzards were thick. I saw a pile of ducks there last winter. I'm fairly sure it will be a person some day.

Roadracer6

Thanks for the info. I had killed a 3.5 year old last year that was super tough. I believe they will sit longer next time. I like the homeade block ice idea too. At what amount of "thaw" do you change out the blocks?
Typically around 50%. Sometimes less. If it warm, as it is now, the cooler sits inside the house.

CharlieTN

Oh, there is a road near my farm for that. A bridge goes over a small creek and people dump carcasses and often whole deer that have not had a knife taken to them, or (presumably) bucks with only the head missing. There was a pig down there a couple of weeks ago and the buzzards were thick. I saw a pile of ducks there last winter. I'm fairly sure it will be a person some day.
Oh, I bet that smells lovely.

Latest posts