Do License Agents Benefit From Selling Licenses?

TAFKAP

If you buy a license at a retail store, do they make any money from the license sale?

Huntaholic

Back in the 80s it used to be 50 cents. You would think TWRA would have increased the amount to keep pace with license fee increases?

Huntaholic

I heard years ago it was touted as attracting people to the business. Get them in the door and hope they buy something else as well.
I hear that same crap about gas prices too! "we don't make any money off gas, only 5 cents a gallon, we try to make money off what they buy when the come in to pay for their gas." LMAO!

DP713

If you buy a license at a retail store, do they make any money from the license sale?
In Ky they dont. At least they didnt back in 2007ish when I worked at a tackle shop. We had to make our customers pay cash only for license bc if we didnt, it would actually cost us money on the transaction.

TAFKAP

Thanks all. I just wondered if there was a way to benefit the local stores by getting my license there. Sounds like I'm just as good going to Bass Pro so I can get the points.

Antler Daddy

I know this much....there used to be a lot of rural convenience stores. They just seem to have disappeared. So, did checking stations...which sold licenses and snacks to hunters.

Latest posts